No offence to cat owners but .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
badkitty said:
She's probably tucking into it as we speak....;)

Been there, done it dear ..... :smile:

This should do it

samson_rcws.jpg

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
fossyant said:
Our cats dump in the litter tray....or our garden..we also have a nicely dug veg patch...ideal for cat poo......

Our cat's like sitting on seedlings in the greenhouse... so we keep that shut. or covered..... thy don't dig up planted stuff though !!!

But do they wander Foss?

I have also had the old dear across the road (council bungalows for the single penches) who copped me at 6.30 a.m. on Wednesday. She has (apparently) seen the cats sh*tting outside there. I was freezing my tits off talking to her and trying to get my dog to poo.

She wants me to have a word as she as chucked the tom tit onto their lawn.

What can I say????

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
You can get sonic cat scarer things, that don't affect birds (I don't mean you ;)) but you'd have to switch them off before you let your doggage into the garden.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yeh they wander, but we are the only ones is our close of 12 houses that actually does some gardening....so guess where they all poop.........

D

Deleted member 1258

snapper_37 said:
My neighbour's pussies are starting to get on my bumps :smile:

We have 2 cats adjacent and 1 cat at the bottom. All of which use the garden as a toilet, playground (digging up plants) and a slaughterhouse (birds). Both of their gardens are just plain lawn whereas we have shrubs, trees, pots etc, so I get why it's more interesting.
We have loads of plants and veg growing in the greenhouse which I am worried will be knackered up as soon as they hit the ground. I also miss the birds at the bird table. :biggrin:

Any ideas???? Should I encourage my dog to sh*t on their lawns? ;) :biggrin:

Old Rose Prunings. Lay them on your seed beds and borders until the plants get big enough to survive being disturbed by the cats. They don't harm the cats, they just don't like getting their paws and arses pricked and go elseware. I have used these in the past with great success. When we had our first house the women up the road had a dozen cats. I was growing veg then and this was the only way I could keep them of my veg patch.

Mr Pig

I genuinely do not understand why cats are not classed as vermin.

I don't want a cat, I don't like cats. I don't want cat sh** in my garden, my children play in my garden, that's why I bought a house that has one. But because the twat living next to me decided to bring one of these retched creatures into his house I am supposed to now put up with it's crap in my garden!

He wants a cat, that's super, I'm very happy for him. But I'm not happy about the fact that people deliberately go out and get these animals then take no responsibility what so ever for their actions. Everyone else, people who had no say in the matter, are just expected to smile and put up with whatever the little b******* decide to do. Is that fair? Could I mess up your garden without being held accountable for it? Could I let my kids? Could I let my dog? But let a cat do it and that's fine? Well no it's not fine.

One thing and one thing alone stops me. The idiotic law that says that these selfish little sh*** are not vermin. Were it not for that I'd very happily kill any cat stupid enough to enter my garden. No problem.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The problem is that millions of your fellow citizens own cats (17 million THINK they own a cat while there are estimated to be around 10 million actual cats) and cats are quite good company for lonely people as well as being therapeutic for sick people. Following on from that, the problem is that cats are nocturnal so it's pretty difficult to control what they get up to amongst the flower beds at night. The answer was spelled out at the beginning of this thread - get a cat and it will make your nice garden its own territory. It won't poo in its own territory and no other cat will dare, so your problem will be solved. We have a cat and neighbours all around have them but I've never found poo in the garden.

peanut

cats are lazy creatures like the rest of us they would rather dig up something softy and easy for a poo than shift 3 cubic yards of hardcore.
My two cats have a pony and trap in next doors garden in their pile of ash . Its soft and easy and they clearly like it. It keeps them off my neighbour's flower beds.
Why don't you create a little pile of ash at the bottom of your garden out of sight somewhere and see if they use that .
Not a perfect solution but better than what you got at the moment.
I don't have to worry about cat poo from my neighbour's cats as my cat Peanut would tear the head off any cat coming into our garden.:biggrin: he also attacks any dog on sight including my Missus's dopy Doby which is nothing more than a mouth, and anus with eyeballs:angry:

TimO

Guru
Mr Pig said:
I genuinely do not understand why cats are not classed as vermin. ...

Because for most of recorded history (and probably before) we weren't a lot better, and cats do keep the inevitable smaller vermin down.

Most cats are relatively clean, they'll bury their mess, where they can find a nice clean bit of earth. Unfortunately, like humans, some cats are a bit thick, or lazy, or something, and don't do a good job of this. :biggrin:

Some owners are also a bit thick, and don't have their Toms neutered, and you get smelly spraying. :biggrin:

By and large you can't control what a cat does, which is why the owners aren't responsible, but historically they've been encouraged by the "authorities" since they do have a positive effect on rats, mice and so forth.

It's not an ideal solution, but there's not a whole lot anyone can do, but try and discourage the little furry buggers from visiting your property. The law isn't likely to change, there would be far too big an uproar.

peanut

Mr Pig said:
I genuinely do not understand why cats are not classed as vermin.

I don't want a cat, I don't like cats. I don't want cat sh** in my garden, my children play in my garden, that's why I bought a house that has one. But because the twat living next to me decided to bring one of these retched creatures into his house I am supposed to now put up with it's crap in my garden!

He wants a cat, that's super, I'm very happy for him. But I'm not happy about the fact that people deliberately go out and get these animals then take no responsibility what so ever for their actions. Everyone else, people who had no say in the matter, are just expected to smile and put up with whatever the little b******* decide to do. Is that fair? Could I mess up your garden without being held accountable for it? Could I let my kids? Could I let my dog? But let a cat do it and that's fine? Well no it's not fine.

One thing and one thing alone stops me. The idiotic law that says that these selfish little sh*** are not vermin. Were it not for that I'd very happily kill any cat stupid enough to enter my garden. No problem.

you are a saddo piggy . and I'm an idiot for letting you wind me up so easily

Mr Pig

Rigid Raider said:
The answer was spelled out at the beginning of this thread - get a cat and it will make your nice garden its own territory.

That's great! The answer for people who hate other people's cats is to get one of their own! Superb :0) If that doesn't illustrate how blinkered cat lovers are...

If you gave an old person a pet rat I'm sure that would be good company for them. And I'm happy with that, pets are fine. But would you be happy if half of your neighbours had pet rats which they let into your garden each night without giving a stuff about what they were doing?

That's what's wrong. You want a pet? Fine, but it's your pet. I don't want your pet and it's completely selfish to think that I should.

I don't want children - I still have to live with other people's screaming their heads off on trains, in town, etc. Do I necessarily blame the parents or children? No, because small children will scream and cry, that's what they do. Cats, unfortunately (or fortunatley), are fairly independent creatures. Unlike with a dog, you can't necessary influence where they do their business. I totally agree that that might be very annoying for those people in whose garden they do it, but there is only a limited amount the owner can do, no matter how responsible they are. To go on about killing cats for that is totally out of order afaic!

Top Bottom