Nosey parker or justified

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Yes, you are not alone.

User269

Brilliant!!

I was acutely embarassed recently, when undergoing an advanced driver training programme, to be informed by the instructor not to be alarmed "if I get out of the car at the next set of lights or other opportunity to have a word with the lady in the car behind regarding her use of the mobile phone, tailgating, and eating and drinking whilst in charge of her motor vehicle". Man, she was so busy with stuff, and driving without any care or attention. Unfortunately we never had the opportunity.......... saving my embarassment but subjecting me to a lecture about her awful driving! :ohmy:

karen.488walker

Sat at the lights this evening, there's a young woman to my right fiddling with her phone while her young daughter stood between the front seats.

I bibbed my horn and when she wound her window down asked her if she thought it might be safer if her daughter had her belt on. She looked dazed, then looked at her daughter and, in an apethetic voice asked her to put her belt on.

Would you have?

Totally agree. Does my head in.

User269 said:
Brilliant!!

I was acutely embarassed recently, when undergoing an advanced driver training programme, to be informed by the instructor not to be alarmed "if I get out of the car at the next set of lights or other opportunity to have a word with the lady in the car behind regarding her use of the mobile phone, tailgating, and eating and drinking whilst in charge of her motor vehicle". Man, she was so busy with stuff, and driving without any care or attention. Unfortunately we never had the opportunity.......... saving my embarassment but subjecting me to a lecture about her awful driving! :evil:
What all at the same time? Seems like she was to busy with other things to actualy drive her car.

Weren't you SITTING at the lights?

Should have got her autograph - sounds like it was Brit-nee

whilst in very slow moving traffic (under 10mph) on the M40 last summer i shouted at a bloke driving an E-type Jag while on the phone that he didn't deserve his car and should swap with me immediately - he couldn't hear me so i took to sitting and seeing how high my company van would rev before the limiter intervened (i was in the lane to his right)

I've also sat at traffic lights making loud motorbike noises next to the open window of a car driver on his phone - he complained at me!

Crankarm

Guru
I did said same as OP last friday and the woman and daughter both large fat and unsightly told me to f%*k off! then both gave me the middle digit through the windows of each side of the car as the woman sped off at high speed. Charming. Hopefully the girl will go through the windscreen and be deaded when her mother runs into the back of a truck as she is too busy to pay attention to her driving as she is too busy texting :eek:.

sheddy

Legendary Member
They often have a ready answer. I asked a woman to put her seat belt on, she said 'I'm exempt cos I'm pregnant' Then the lights changed

Danny

Legendary Member
Justified - but difficult to pull off without getting an adverse reaction. You seem to have managed it though.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
It is worth picking people up for things like that. The only accident I've ever had on a bike was due to that sort of thing: a car was going slowly (about 20 mph) over a few hundred meters of slight downhill and I got fed up of waiting and decided to overtake. I was in mid-overtake when the driver decided to turn to the right, across my path without indicating. I had no time to react and slammed into the right wing of the car and somersaulted over the bonnet like in some cheap Hollywood film. Fortunately I landed on a grass verge with no harm done other than serious bruising to my left there where I'd connected with the car. While I was lying on the verge I heard the driver say to her child, "I told you to stop swinging on the mirror!"

So well done MrP.

sheddy said:
They often have a ready answer. I asked a woman to put her seat belt on, she said 'I'm exempt cos I'm pregnant' Then the lights changed

nope. pregnancy does not count as an exemption, position belt above and below your bump and all is well

Top Bottom