November forum ride from Hebden Bridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

Seems like a good hilly route, and some descents that I'll be toddling down. Got a jacket today, so my upper body will be warm and leg warmers should keep my lower body warm.

colly

Re member eR
Thanks for the prompt Colin.:biggrin:

There is a month to go before this so if, I say IF, I can get my sorry arse into gear and put in a few miles I will do my best to tag along.

Before I commit though..................does this include the climb up to the comms. tower out of Oxenhope?

Yes I though so ....................you really can be a cruel b****** at times can't you???:smile::smile::angry:

colly

Re member eR
shauncollier said:
one slowish brommie rider is in. so if any slower riders are scared don't be, i'll be there to keep you company lol

Thanks I have a feeling I will need some support.:biggrin:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
colly said:
There is a month to go before this so if, I say IF, I can get my sorry arse into gear and put in a few miles I will do my best to tag along.
I'll pencil you in! :biggrin: Will (Bokonon) is already on the list but there is no sign of Calum yet - I'll PM him to see if he is up for it.

colly said:
Before I commit though..................does this include the climb up to the comms. tower out of Oxenhope?

Yes I though so ....................you really can be a cruel b****** at times can't you???:smile::smile::angry:
Fortunately - no! It was one of the little features of the original route which had to be cut out when I measured it and discovered that it was about 70 very hilly miles which is too much for a forum ride at the end of November.

I did do that climb a few months back and I agree - it is pretty tough!

We are going straight up the A-6033 climb to Cock Hill, then straight down the other side to Hebden Bridge.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
shauncollier said:
one slowish brommie rider is in. so if any slower riders are scared don't be, i'll be there to keep you company lol
Assuming we don't have any mechanical problems, I reckon that we will be getting back at close to sunset, so I'd suggest that everyone brings lights even though we shouldn't need them.

Garz

Squat Member
aJohnson said:
I did? I said he wasn't as slow as he describes imo :biggrin: And it'll be 5pounds for the usage of the pump.

Hehe, just from our experience yesterday I have now bolted my pump onto the frame and mended that puncture on the old tube. The bike was purring nicely after its clean today then took it for a brisk 22 mile spin.

Yes I know the type (colin) says he's slow etc then laps people like he's on a sunday warm up! :smile:

aJohnson

Garz said:
Hehe, just from our experience yesterday I have now bolted my pump onto the frame and mended that puncture on the old tube. The bike was purring nicely after its clean today then took it for a brisk 22 mile spin.

Yes I know the type (colin) says he's slow etc then laps people like he's on a sunday warm up! :biggrin:

My pump has killed two of my inner tubes. I was surprised how muddy my bike was after yesterdays ride. Aswell as my colourful top :smile:

@Colin, you made me get winter kit now I need lights? Grrrr

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i would just like to say that i have no problems being left behind on the road as i know the area very well and can bail if it becomes too much on a brommie. tho i have done most of the climbs already. being a lot slower will be more of a problem than finishing. if your ending in a pub, i'll probably get there before last orders!!!

Top Bottom