Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Pedal on Parliament 2 - Sunday 19 May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome to come join pp and myself on a wee reccy run. I won't be leaving anyone behind, and neither will tug from his post to me when I was worried about slowing him down
When will you be doing this? I would like to come along (not too fast ... erm) because I've recruited a few folks for the actual day, need to find out about eventual escape plans, rest stops for the ladies and so on.
Done Pedal for Scotland last year, but of course an organized ride is different than the one we are planning.
I am going to follow Rasmus feeder ride route, translation from the Danish might be needed! :laugh:
Got a rare free weekend off, might do it on Sunday :smile:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
The plan I had was to do th route to forth bridge from north of the forth, from clackmannanshire

fimm

Veteran
Getting back to Glasgow by train: Bathgate - Airdrie line is the way to go, IMHO. I commute on this line, and there are no official bike spaces on the trains - but there are big open spaces near the toilets and you are allowed to stand with your bike in the doorways. So you should be able to get several bikes on.

Teuchter

Über Member
Just a thought about getting back to Glasgow after the ride... I've mostly given up on the idea of the 120 mile round trip that I would face, riding there and back. An alternative may be to get the train back but I'd imagine that they would be full of cyclists doing the same and getting a space would be difficult. If we know this won't be a problem, this would still be my preferred option.

I'm also considering going against the ethos of this event a bit and driving part way, perhaps to Falkirk or somewhere (not really thought it out in detail) and riding to Edinburgh and back from there. If I do take this approach, I could probably fit in two more... one more bike on the car's roof in addition to my own and one in the boot.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Just a thought about getting back to Glasgow after the ride... I've mostly given up on the idea of the 120 mile round trip that I would face, riding there and back. An alternative may be to get the train back but I'd imagine that they would be full of cyclists doing the same and getting a space would be difficult. If we know this won't be a problem, this would still be my preferred option.

I'm also considering going against the ethos of this event a bit and driving part way, perhaps to Falkirk or somewhere (not really thought it out in detail) and riding to Edinburgh and back from there. If I do take this approach, I could probably fit in two more... one more bike on the car's roof in addition to my own and one in the boot.

I'm firmly in the "train back" camp - I don't think it will be that big of a problem. Remember that there are four different options for the route - I reckon the Bathgate-Airdrie line will be a good option, or maybe get lucky and sneak onto a crosscountry service.

If you decide to drive some of the way, remember to time it appropriately to meet up with the feeder ride!

Unfortunately I will not be able to make this. I had a bad fall from the bike Friday week ago and am badly bruised in hip, ribs and wrist. I had hoped that I would be well enough to join you regardless, but it is not to be.

Hope it all goes well and that there is enough CAKE!

Unfortunately I will not be able to make this. I had a bad fall from the bike Friday week ago and am badly bruised in hip, ribs and wrist. I had hoped that I would be well enough to join you regardless, but it is not to be.

Feel better soon! :sad:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105

Rest up, and eat cake

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

GWS! :hugs:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...

Ouch, very sorry to hear that! :ohmy::B) Hope you are starting to feel better soon ...:hugs: (and I hope the bike survived)
What happened?

Fingers crossed for a huge turnout today ... and for the haar to lift a bit, but it's dry and calm so good cycling weather, unlike yesterday :rain:. The forecast is looking promising. And chapeau to the guy who is cycling all the way from Aberdeen, through the deluge.

Cake in the oven just now... come and say hi if you see me (PoP blue cycling jacket, 2 red panniers, 1 with PoP poster & cake, the other with poster for Edinburgh Festival of Cycling & lots of programmes).

T

Top Bottom