People trying to out 'special forces' each other on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
We had a director that was ex SAS (or so everyone thought.. but I found out something when I was flirting, er... I mean talking to him one day). He never used to say a word about it, no bragging, nothing... But everyone knew he could probably break your neck with his little finger. He was a very humble guy but carried himself in such a way that his very presence commanded respect. Every girl fancied him and would swoon when he walked past. Every guy was in awe of him, although they'd never admit it LOL.

We also had a guy that was TA and o my god did he go on about himself. Was always saying how he could beat the Mr SAS at chin ups in the gym and didn't know what all the fuss was about.

Anyway, one day we hijacked the directors room for a meeting and I was looking at his wings on his notice board. The TA guy retorted that "you don't get them for doing something heroic, you get them for just joining the SAS!" To which I replied, "oh he wasn't in the SAS, he was in the SBS apparently"

Mr TA went white, muttered something under his breath about them"being really good, better than the SAS" and left the room. Strangely, he never bragged to me about being in the TA again.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Say no more, I eat SAS for Breakfast

article-0-0A7FC373000005DC-47_468x393.jpg

sidevalve

Über Member
The reality I've found is that those involved in real military conflicts rarely talk about it and when they do you know it's true. They neither glorify it or condemn it - it just happened. Death and destruction on an industrial scale does something to people.

JMAG

Über Member
Down the pub with a friend in the army once, he intoduced me to a mate of his. His name was Mad Mick Flynn aka the bullet magnet aka the beast of Basara. Lovely guy, very unassuming and one of the most decorated frontline soldiers in Britain.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My dad played with bigger bombs than your dad! :laugh:

uxbs.jpg

(Those of you who have met me may notice how much I look like him. That's where the resemblance ends though ... Show me a big bomb, and I'll show you a clean pair of heels! :laugh:)

TVC

[QUOTE 3875752, member: 45"]Thread about people trying to out 'special forces' each other on the internet turns into thread of people trying to out 'special forces' each other on the internet.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, my army bullshitter is more extreme than your army bullshitter.

Edit, ooh no swear filter, that was a surprise.

Tin Pot

Guru
Why bother? I know a load of squaddie types, some have been working in the kitchen, peeling spuds, some have had people shoot at them, every man jack of the genuine ones never go on about it, I'm sick and tired of billi big balls bullshitters, trying to convince me they know / were in (insert special force). What is up with these knobbers? The latest thing, seems to be a 'tacet' knowledge about the name of the S.A.S. Headquarters (Stirling lines / Credenhill). Muppets, get a grip.

Come on - give us a link so we can empathise with you*.

I seem to recall some very funny threads on a squaddie forum a few years ago.

*Obviously, we're not going to do that.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Now THAT'S what you call a picture!
I found it when I was going through my dad's stuff after he died. The original photo had been folded twice, had a rip in it and had white gloss paint spilt on it. I scanned the photo and spent a day restoring it then I printed that out and had it framed. I took it down to give to my mum next time I visited. She got all choked up ...

She then gave me a tatty little black and white picture taken after their wedding. It had been in 1942, so there wasn't the money for professional photographers. It was just my mum's family, my dad's army mates and the couple themselves outside a little village church in the Highlands. I did my best with that picture too. It didn't turn out quite as well as the bombs picture, but my mum was still thrilled with it.

I miss them both! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom