Peter Sagan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I just want to be Peter Sagan!!!!!

That's it. I am away to try and wheelie then jump up to the roof rack. If i am not back in 15 minutes assume i am somehwere between the bonnet and the windscreen - at best. :B)
Maybe I should warn you: the last time I went over a bonnet the bike stayed on the ground....

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Arrogant displays won't endear him to people, but I doubt he cares about that... he postures like he thinks he's God's Gift. I prefer respect and humility to shine through celebrations. People like to see prats fall harder.

dragon72

Guru
I think he is actually endearing himself to a lot of people with his "arrogant" displays. That onto-the-roof trick was fantastic. Good on you Sagan. I wouldn't even get one wheel up, let alone two. Plus if I got on the roof, I'd be slipping around all over the place. His victory celebrations are funny. Okay, podiumgirl-gate crossed a line and he, rightly, apologised for that.

But I don't buy into this "respect" argument put forward by some people. If you feel that a winner pulling a wheely or doing a "Run Forrest Run!" with his arms while he crosses the line ahead of you is too much to bear, then you shouldn't be in competitive sports. I'm sure Sagan wouldn't give a flying toss if someone who beat him took the piss.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
In my humble opinion, he's a great athlete with great potential who has got himself filmed having fun on a bike. I can't see an issue with that. He ticks my sport and fun boxes.

redcard

Veteran
Arrogant displays won't endear him to people, but I doubt he cares about that... he postures like he thinks he's God's Gift. I prefer respect and humility to shine through celebrations. People like to see prats fall harder.

People are desperate to be associated with anyone who has had a bit of success / publicity, no matter how much of a pillock they are.

Little girls adore adore Jordan, grown men choose Peter Sagan.

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
If Danny Macaskill does these things then he's genius! Sagan does it and he's arrogant and a pillock.

Lets not forget that Sagan is also a huge talent. Most immense talents in sport have character. Some see them as flaws, others see them as personality.

Top Bottom