Peter Sagan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
People are desperate to be associated with anyone who has had a bit of success / publicity, no matter how much of a pillock they are.

Little girls adore adore Jordan, grown men choose Peter Sagan.

I am neither a little girl or a grown man...I am a small woman lol...I really like Sagan. He enjoys what he does and has a bit of fun. Too many people take life waaaay to seriously and suck all the joy out of life IMHO. Don't like him...don't watch him...simples.

VamP

Banned
I am neither a little girl or a grown man...I am a small woman lol...I really like Sagan. He enjoys what he does and has a bit of fun. Too many people take life waaaay to seriously and suck all the joy out of life IMHO. Don't like him...don't watch him...simples.

That's not as simple as that - the pesky Slovak has a habit of appearing first in finishing shots! :laugh:

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
[QUOTE 2559010, member: 30090"]Eh? One is a trials bike rider and the other is a roadie.

Not disagreeing with you wrt to the other point about Sagan, but please don't take things out of context.:smile:[/quote]
One rides a bike and the other rides erm.......a bike. Both entertainers. Both highly talented. Both big names in the sport.

Out of context? Nah.

Milzy

Guru
I'd not say arrogant, but if he was, he has every right to be. I don't think he really cares what people on cycle chat think of him. You could say Cav used to be arrogant but the manx missile can never beat Kittel in a sprint anymore.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
You could say Cav used to be arrogant but the manx missile can never beat Kittel in a sprint anymore.

Cav on twitter earlier this tour was congratulating Kittle on winning a stage and called him the next big thing, is this arrogance?
This tour Cav had urine thrown over him by a spectator, did he kick up fuss to the organizers or press, nope he remained a dignified silence, perhaps this is arrogance?
Cav recently took his 100 win which makes him one of the most successful sprinters ever, was there a pre longed wheely, was there a forrest gump running gesture suggesting others keep up, perhaps a quick grope of a podium girl would have been an appropriate way to celebrate?
Kittel is something special, but I would think and hope we see some great fights between them, and I expect Cav to win some. I have no doubt though they will respect one another.

Your right though I doubt Saggy cares what people on cycle chat think of him, or what anyone else thinks of him for that matter. But under no circumstances would Cav think it was appropriate to cop a feel of a podium girl, if its not unwavering self belief and arrogance which made Saggy think that was OK to do without asking then its something far more worse.

Mr Haematocrit

When you speak in a room of people, how quickly do they switch off :biggrin: ?

Not to quickly because most people pay a lot to listen to me rattle on, you get it for nothing :blush:

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Cav on twitter earlier this tour was congratulating Kittle on winning a stage and called him the next big thing, is this arrogance?
This tour Cav had urine thrown over him by a spectator, did he kick up fuss to the organizers or press, nope he remained a dignified silence, perhaps this is arrogance?
Cav recently took his 100 win which makes him one of the most successful sprinters ever, was there a pre longed wheely, was there a forrest gump running gesture suggesting others keep up, perhaps a quick grope of a podium girl would have been an appropriate way to celebrate?
Kittel is something special, but I would think and hope we see some great fights between them, and I expect Cav to win some. I have no doubt though they will respect one another.

Your right though I doubt Saggy cares what people on cycle chat think of him, or what anyone else thinks of him for that matter. But under no circumstances would Cav think it was appropriate to cop a feel of a podium girl, if its not unwavering self belief and arrogance which made Saggy think that was OK to do without asking then its something far more worse.
Cav is, in my eyes, a legend. No doubt. Many others will agree. Some may disagree. Being in the public eye can have that effect.

Sagan isn't just some Anna Kournikova of the cycling world though. He is proper talented, seriously gifted in comparison to the majority of the peloton. His actions may not appeal to everyone, but for one person who dislikes him 2 more appear to like him.
Shouts of "wheelie wheelie wheelie" as he went past, twice, on Alpe D'Huez show what he is to the cycling world right now. Lets not forget he did oblige. He put on a show.

He also won the green jersey and he made it look pretty easy too.

Mr Haematocrit

I'm not disputing his talent, Saggy has incredible talent, but humble he is not... He is someone I respect greatly but am unable to admire due to the way he conducts himself, he does seem to be getting better though and more self aware so it could simply be the mistakes of a young man in the public eye. I hope so because right now the conversation is as much about his attitude as his talent which is very disappointing.

This year I felt that not only did he ride more intelligently and like a champion, but he acted in a manner more akin to one also.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'm not disputing his talent, Saggy has incredible talent, but humble he is not... He is someone I respect greatly but am unable to admire due to the way he conducts himself, he does seem to be getting better though and more self aware so it could simply be the mistakes of a young man in the public eye. I hope so because right now the conversation is as much about his attitude as his talent which is very disappointing.

This year I felt that not only did he ride more intelligently and like a champion, but he acted in a manner more akin to one also.

Exactly. I wish he would keep what he does on the road - including the wheelies, the funny celebrations, all of that. He is an amazing rider to watch and on the road, he can do what he likes so long as it doesn't endanger anyone else. What he shouldn't do, is think that anything goes, anywhere. He'll probably get this eventually. If not, he may end up in a rather less than happy place.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

Some people have short memories... Cav was often called out for his arrogance in the early days of his career - OK, so he never groped a podium girl, but don't forget that he was once chucked off the Tour de Romandie for an inappropriate celebration.

I never held Cav's youthful exuberance against him then, and I don't hold Sagan's against him now. He'll settle down in time, just as Cav has done.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I don't expect the guy to be humble. If I had a smidgin of his ability, I wouldn't be humble, I'd be out shouting about it.

Yes, pinching a podium girl is out of order but he will grow up. The stuff he does while actually still on a bike is entertaining and fun. As someone above said, some people take life way too seriously. Wish I could pull a wheelie let alone a wheelie on L'Alpe d'Huez. Well Jell as I believe they say nowadays.

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
but don't forget that he was once chucked off the Tour de Romandie for an inappropriate celebration.

I never held Cav's youthful exuberance against him then, and I don't hold Sagan's against him now. He'll settle down in time, just as Cav has done.

And Cav was one year older than Sagan is now. 2010 he was 24.

Lets just sit back and enjoy the "Sagan era" without too much judgement. ;)

Top Bottom