Pet's habits that drive you insane.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
My dog licks her feet ALL the time and REALLY loudly. Then after she pants like hell, so I have to open the window so she can return to a normal temperature while I freeze my tits off.

Am I the only one that has an annoying pet?

(Still love her tho.)

ScotiaLass

Guru
My dog also licks a lot, but unfortunately he has a pollen allergy and the summer is really bad for him :sad:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My dog licks her feet ALL the time and REALLY loudly. Then after she pants like hell, so I have to open the window so she can return to a normal temperature while I freeze my tits off.

Am I the only one that has an annoying pet?

(Still love her tho.)
Why don't you just let it out in the garden when it starts licking its feet ?

Ern1e

Über Member
My dog also licks a lot, but unfortunately he has a pollen allergy and the summer is really bad for him :sad:
Some years ago I had one with a pollen allergy vet told me to put a little Vaseline around her nose ! this catches quite a fair bit of pollen, ok the bu**er used to lick it of but it did help her so may be worth a go. Oh and it also worked on our daughter but she did not lick if of lol.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mine over grooms licking himself loudly, BigCat has allergies too.
When the allergies get bad I can't get any sleep as he goes "slurp, slurp" all night in my bed, then when it's time for me to get up he settles down, falls asleep :cursing:
Also, he miaows loudly to be let out, immediately he then scratches on the door to be let back in. The wants the door open, to bring mice in and to freeze me to death!

Mrs M

Guru
Thomas bites his nails.
He is grooming himself but bites each nail in turn and makes a horrible sound, like he's pulling them out. :angry:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Mine over grooms licking himself loudly, BigCat has allergies too.
When the allergies get bad I can't get any sleep as he goes "slurp, slurp" all night in my bed, then when it's time for me to get up he settles down, falls asleep :cursing:
Also, he miaows loudly to be let out, immediately he then scratches on the door to be let back in. The wants the door open, to bring mice in and to freeze me to death!

i think i know who your cat is...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWb7_-vfi3Q

jhawk

Veteran
For context:

Akaya:

414374_10150554572203894_136807862_o.jpg

Dave: (Now without the cone of shame).

1505587_10151905316917914_968395236_n.jpg

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My cats are decimating the wildlife. Mostly they're brought back and eaten, leaving little gall bladders all over the place waiting to be popped by unwary bare feet like wine grapes, but sometimes pieces are left. It's a little disconcerting to be faced with a mouse face on the keyboard in the morning. Edgar likes bigger prey. A couple of weeks ago I opened the bedroom door to find a rat, fully 24" from nose to tail. Other times he's brought back rabbits - at least one that was still alive judging by the blood spatters up the wall.

Worst is when they bring back birds and rip them apart. My wife is allergic to feathers and goes into anapala....anaphel.....anepha......... thingy shock if she goes near them so it's a big clear up job. Last week I was awoken at 4am by a loud cawwing noise and found a magpie in the kitchen surrounded by three drooling cats. I hope it realised it's lucky escape once I rescued it.

Still, adorable little kittys eh ^_^

Quite often, if it's not an irritant issue, dogs lick their feet due to boredom or anxiety, as it releases endorphins for them. You may find you can 'cure' it by giving the dog some challenge to distract and entertain it - maybe hide a few treats around the room and let them sniff them out.

Top Bottom