Pet's habits that drive you insane.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Quite often, if it's not an irritant issue, dogs lick their feet due to boredom or anxiety, as it releases endorphins for them. You may find you can 'cure' it by giving the dog some challenge to distract and entertain it - maybe hide a few treats around the room and let them sniff them out.
that brings me on to the other annoying habit. Give her a biscuit she wonders around the house trying to bury it, whimpering. Then when she finds somewhere... Usually my settee cushions, she buries it down the side of the settee cushion or under it and then barks until I come over to retrieve it. She does this 3 times and then eats it... Messily.
It's like a ritual. Or maybe she's autistic and needs routine LOL. I would imagine if I hid something, she'd find it and then call me to get it LOL she's such a diva

What about taking the dog for a proper walk?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I love all my cats little quirks, makes them individual. Currently the new kitten, a beautiful grey called Smokey (Mo), is swinging by one front paw from the left handlebar grip of my trike while the others look on bemused, apart from Merlin (big black neutered tom-cat) who is trying to sleep.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Quite often, if it's not an irritant issue, dogs lick their feet due to boredom or anxiety, as it releases endorphins for them. You may find you can 'cure' it by giving the dog some challenge to distract and entertain it - maybe hide a few treats around the room and let them sniff them out.
Yeah, my Lab is far too easily prone to the "this is a good bad habit" thing. She got bitten / stung last weekend and having furiously cleaned her leg to sort it out, decided to keep licking the spot. She knew she shouldn't be doing it as she wouldn't if I was in earshot. Distractions, wearing her out with walks, and keeping it clean with salt water didn't help so we had a £40 trip to see the vet. He prescribed some cream that should clear up the infection she gave herself but if not, she'll be going back for the cone of shame.

Last edited:

cd365

Guru
I used to take my dog out for his last walk of the day around 10pm (his third time out of the day), come 9pm he won't leave me alone until I take him out. It all starts if I change channels around 9pm or pause something else that I'm watching. I get face on the lap, him trying to climb on me and then barking, it gets annoying!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I used to take my dog out for his last walk of the day around 10pm (his third time out of the day), come 9pm he won't leave me alone until I take him out. It all starts if I change channels around 9pm or pause something else that I'm watching. I get face on the lap, him trying to climb on me and then barking, it gets annoying!
Mine's like that about food. I feed her between six and seven in the mornings and evenings. She starts asking at five.

cd365

Guru
Mine's like that about food. I feed her between six and seven in the mornings and evenings. She starts asking at five.
I hope she doesn't ask at 5am!

pauldavid

Veteran
My labrador only has 1 bad habit.

He has a tendency to get his lipstick out and clean the buggar furiously with his tongue at the most awkward moments. Particularly memorable was when showing a family of 5 around our last house whenwe were selling, as we all walked into the lounge he was just finishing himself off!:surrender:

They didn't make an offer ( for the house or the dog )

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
Fred sleeps in my bed and he sleeps facing the bottom of bed, then he farts !!! have you ever smelt a frenchies farts :evil: he can clear a room in nano seconds !

Top Bottom