Pokemon Go - a lost opportunity for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm still quite a keen Ingress player, now all the well known Ingress hotspots (we call them farms, don't judge me) are full of kids standing around.

I doubt Pokemon has as many benefits for travelling as Ingress does, one pokemon stop is pretty much like another. Whereas in Ingress it's a matter of necessity to visit other distant 'portals' to link them up, very satisfying by bike over long distances, as the longer you have to travel, the more likely that another player ruins your chances of completing your field while you're riding there.

Pokemon seems lacking in depth, I've been surprised to see so many adults playing it.

I got properly hooked on Ingress for a while, and you're right; it's an ocean next to Pokemon Go's puddle. I suppose that's the appeal of Pokemon though, it's fun and not particularly complex. Once I've stopped playing Maiden's Legacy I'll have to get back involved.

@summerdays - this is Ingress

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I got properly hooked on Ingress for a while, and you're right; it's an ocean next to Pokemon Go's puddle. I suppose that's the appeal of Pokemon though, it's fun and not particularly complex. Once I've stopped playing Maiden's Legacy I'll have to get back involved.

@summerdays - this is Ingress
I won't tell the ones in my household... One game is enough!

dodgy

Ingress has so many layers (and that's a pun, when you get into the game ;) ). It can be simple and also extremely complex. Some of the country level events when entire countries or continents are fielded is just awe inspiring when you think of the level of co-operation that will have been required.

I'm Level 16, so no more levels to progress to, but there's still a lot to keep busy with. I'm on holiday in the French Alps at the moment, a few days ago I did this by bike, its still up now if you look at the Samoens area. This is 4 layers, which is why it is such a deep shade of green

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-22%20at%2012.15.36.png

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Ingress has so many layers (and that's a pun, when you get into the game ;) ). It can be simple and also extremely complex. Some of the country level events when entire countries or continents are fielded is just awe inspiring when you think of the level of co-operation that will have been required.

I'm Level 16, so no more levels to progress to, but there's still a lot to keep busy with. I'm on holiday in the French Alps at the moment, a few days ago I did this by bike, its still up now if you look at the Samoens area. This is 4 layers, which is why it is such a deep shade of green

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-22%20at%2012.15.36.png

You're a FROG? :ohmy:

Top Bottom