Pokemon Go - a lost opportunity for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
What's the punchline?
Clint-Eastwood-in-Heartbreak-Ridge.jpe

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
So what is a socially acceptable hobby for adults? Also, why are certain hobbies acceptable for female adults, but not male?
Maybe i should have put a smiley in the post ............

I dont get it personally, my hobby is cycling , the rest of the time is spent either working , spending time with kids , or doing jobs around the house ..

Righto off to play at mending inner tubes , in a manly way of course ....................^_^

Wouldn't catch a "real man" involved with computer games would you?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN2Q7smsOA150N3GGb6_lgYxfBZI2GQdPsz6mRT-uyTUCFeJlR3g.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
So what is a socially acceptable hobby for adults? Also, why are certain hobbies acceptable for female adults, but not male?
Liking association football is pretty much the only acceptable obsession, in the uk at least.

I'm happy to report that The Ship Inn in Tresaith is a Pokéstop, and keeps a decent pint of Brains SA too.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun

(maybe I will stop defending the game :smile: )

Mr Summerdays has given me his phone when driving but I've found that unless it's crawling in slow traffic it doesn't seem to pick up very much stuff, they just need to change the algorithm that controls when they appear to an even slower speed than it is now and then that would cut out some of the car cruising ones.

dodgy

I'm still quite a keen Ingress player, now all the well known Ingress hotspots (we call them farms, don't judge me) are full of kids standing around.

I doubt Pokemon has as many benefits for travelling as Ingress does, one pokemon stop is pretty much like another. Whereas in Ingress it's a matter of necessity to visit other distant 'portals' to link them up, very satisfying by bike over long distances, as the longer you have to travel, the more likely that another player ruins your chances of completing your field while you're riding there.

Pokemon seems lacking in depth, I've been surprised to see so many adults playing it.

Top Bottom