Pop Quiz: Priorities and assigning fault in an RTC

Who is at fault in this collision?

• The emerging driver

• The flashing driver

• The motorcyclist

• Nobody

• Everybody

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I always thought a green light meant prepare to stop. I watched some advance motoring guy discuss traffic lights once and he insisted that all lights except red meant prepare to stop
Pretty much the same thing.

All advanced driving wisdom is centred around the idea that you don't take anything for granted and observation plus understanding is king. Hence the value of the commentary drive (announcing out loud any potential problems, and giving reasons for the actions you are taking. Very handy if you find your focus waning, even if you are on your own.). Also the reason for the large shoulder chip than can form. I believe you can always be learning, and you're never far from making a mistake, but that's been helped by seeing some atrocious IAM driving/decisions in my time.

Basically never let your guard down and presume everyone else near the road is an imbecile trying to kill you and you've made a good start.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I wish the car behind our car had been working on the principle of go if clear, managing to bump into us in all but stationary traffic tonight. He lost concentration "apparently". And then you start thinking if they don't notice a big red car they aren't going to notice a bike!

Tynan

Veteran
flash of headlights can only be taken to mean that the person flashing their lights is fine with you taking priority, they patently can't speak for any other users, it's fine as far as it goes, the issue occurs because the people being flashed out have no conception that they are other road users other than the car flashing them out

every single person got it right? not much of a head scratcher was it?

Top Bottom