Porsche should be selling bumper cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Sounds like driver error. I'd like to think it would be flung out of court but know the Americans, probably not.

I once cut myself on broken glass while changing a cracked headlamp on my old Golf. I better sue VW,

Surprised you didn't die of asphyxiation or toxic fumes instead.

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 4025484, member: 9609"]In what way ? you can drive round corners exceptionally fast ?[/QUOTE]

I can drive around Brands Hatch exceptionally fast.

Is that what you're asking?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The Carrera GT is known to be 'a bit of a handful', none more so than when speeding at 80-90mph in an urban area. Yes it is a shame they died - but seeing as the car had the equivalent of type approval in the US it is tough titty. I have had the pleasure of driving one on a track - would I drive it at 90 mph on an urban road, of course not.

[QUOTE 4025504, member: 9609"]providing you are taking it to brands hatch on a trailer then that is OK. The temptation to drive these cars fast on the public highway is far too great for many.[/QUOTE]

Don't be ridiculous. Lets just ban whole forms of motorsport because you don't like sport.

Lets ban all other peoples hobbies, because you don't like them.

Out of all the Ferraris, Astons, Porsches, etc that I see on the road, I am yet to see one being driven dangerously. I see far more people in little modified cars, or BMWs driving with no consideration.

There are lots of things that have no place on a road yet are still there. I quite enjoy motorcycles, and to be honest, anything over 30bhp is wasted. I still enjoy my 120bhp bike, yet it still stays within the speed limits on the road.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4025481, member: 9609"]What number ?[/quote]
600BHP the 'number' we were talking about

[QUOTE 4025481, member: 9609"]If we were comparing a modern day corsa in good condition to the porshe, then I don't think the braking distances of the two example you give would be that great [/QUOTE]
If you actually believe that it just shows how little on the subject you know

[QUOTE 4025504, member: 9609"]providing you are taking it to brands hatch on a trailer then that is OK. The temptation to drive these cars fast on the public highway is far too great for many.[/QUOTE]
FFS are you serious or just trolling,

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4025545, member: 9609"]or indeed how little you know of the subject, I think you have been taken in by all the 'i just want to drive fast' hype[/QUOTE]
Do you honestly believe that all brakes are equal, do you even have a driving license?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The handling is sensational.
Have a look at used prices, you might be surprised.
All true. Largely because the German marques have employed a lot of tech and a lot of engineering know-how to build a supercar that drives pretty much like a vee-dub golf gti, so that it can be driven relatively safely, by someone used to a front wheel drive hatchback.

But if I wanted to the driving experience of a vee-dub golf gti I'd buy one. The depreciation is probably less too! ;)

Levo-Lon

Guru
You said you have a Merc and a Yeti @User9609 id think they go quite quick

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've driven a number of Porsches. Their handling is no better than many other cars - and the Panamera handles like a pregnant humpback whale... absolutely shocking. And most Porsches are ugly too.
upload_2015-11-26_15-38-6.png

Almost a gorge as an E-type... much better looking than a Porsche.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 4025588, member: 9609"]we need to compare like for like, and I would suggest a broker in a Honda Jazz would be less dangerous than one in a super-car[/QUOTE]

if you say so, but i know who id rather be sat in the passenger seat with

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4025584, member: 9609"]I explained to you why the brakes on a super car are different, for one-off emergency braking the tyre/road grip is the major factor, even relatively cheap brakes have little problem in locking up or engaging the ABS.[/QUOTE]
If that's what you believe that is all there is dream on

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4025588, member: 9609"]we need to compare like for like, and I would suggest a broker in a Honda Jazz would be less dangerous than one in a super-car[/QUOTE]
So you agree it's nothing to do with the car, but it's all about the driver, glad to see you're coming to your senses

Tin Pot

Guru

If I wasn't at work Id ROFLMAO! :biggrin:

Don't worry, I somehow manage to contain myself on public highways.

Top Bottom