Presumed liability - e-Petition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Mark Beaumont gave a good account of himself on the radio this morning promoting Presumed Liability and defending the proposal from attacks by the usual suspects trying to divert the topic to general cyclist bashing.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Mark Beaumont gave a good account of himself on the radio this morning promoting Presumed Liability and defending the proposal from attacks by the usual suspects trying to divert the topic to general cyclist bashing.

I missed that, catching up now on iPlayer. Thanks.

GC

Drago

Legendary Member
Not signed. Too many arses that RLJ or ride a night with no lights. It'd be wrong for one of these.Muppets to cause a smack and the car driver to automatically - even if only initially - be presumed liable.

Once there's a sea change in the behaviour and skill exhibited by the majority of cycle users then I'll support it with gusto.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Once there's a sea change in the behaviour and skill exhibited by the majority of cycle users then I'll support it

It's a sea change in the behaviour and skill exhibited by the majority of drivers that is needed. This is a major step towards that and will save many more KSIs than pissing around with plastic hats, painted lanes or Niceway Code patronising bollocks.

GC

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed old friend, but not all drivers are bad in the same way not all cyclists are good. To potentially penalise good drivers for the consequences of the actions of bad cyclists leaves road users no further forward in either safety or morality.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Not signed. Too many arses that RLJ or ride a night with no lights. It'd be wrong for one of these.Muppets to cause a smack and the car driver to automatically - even if only initially - be presumed liable.

Once there's a sea change in the behaviour and skill exhibited by the majority of cycle users then I'll support it with gusto.

Well, excuse us if we don't all hold our breath waiting for your support...

snorri

Legendary Member
but not all drivers are bad in the same way not all cyclists are good. To potentially penalise good drivers for the consequences of the actions of bad cyclists leaves road users no further forward in either safety or morality.
So, we should continue to let down innocent cyclists killed and injured by reckless drivers of motor vehicles because some people may be having their vehicles scratched by reckless cyclists?
Some imbalance surely?

Paul99

Über Member
Anybody signing for presumed liability, who also owns, drives and insures their own car had better start saving.

Your insurance premium will go through the roof. Just saying.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Anybody signing for presumed liability, who also owns, drives and insures their own car had better start saving.

Your insurance premium will go through the roof. Just saying.
They said that about the recent law change that made it illegal to offer lower rates to female drivers than male ones. Didn't happen then either.

Paul99

Über Member
They said that about the recent law change that made it illegal to offer lower rates to female drivers than male ones. Didn't happen then either.
I didn't say they were going to offer lower rates though did I? I said they would be going through the roof. You think they won't?

Dan B

Disengaged member
I didn't say they were going to offer lower rates though did I? I said they would be going through the roof. You think they won't?
No, you said they'd go through the roof. That's exactly what people said would happen when the change was announced to make sex discrimination in insurance illegal and it didn't happen then, so no, I don't think it'll happen here either.

Top Bottom