Private Bridges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It'd cost them more than 20 bloody pence to rebuild it! ;) That'll learn 'em.

2C1AEECF00000578-3229028-image-a-6_1441874796864.jpg

U

User33236

You're right - it does sound super petty. If you really want to get your own back (but it would make you sound even more super petty), go back with a £50 note and ask for change.
Not long after moving to the area I was driving home and came across Warburton Bridge. Never knew it was toll so wasn't prepared for it and only had £20 notes on me. They let me off with the 12p. I think my obvious not local accent helped :laugh:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
We'd deffo get the pennies back and then some on the way back! Nice idea, poor execution :laugh:

Yeah - fair point! Twenty pennies each both ways then. :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Potsy is right. I did take us that way on one forum ride. We had gone over there so we could call in at a nearby ice cream parlour and when we were eating our ice creams I announced that I would pay the tolls on the bridge so not to be surprised if I sprinted off before we get to the bridge. Just ride on through ...

The toll woman came out and I paid for us, and told her to allow the following cyclists through. I then set off at a gentle pace and expected to be caught up shortly afterwards. There was some delay. When potsy and co caught up I asked what the hold-up had been and was told that it was due to everyone being accosted by toll woman for cash! :wacko:

Serves 'em right for not listening to me!

Blimey ... is there no obscure subject not catered for by YouTube ...! :laugh:

Top Bottom