Rangers Liquidation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
The 11 other clubs will now have to vote to see if New Co. Rangers can be readmitted to the SPL.

I know turkeys dont vote for Chirstmas, but you may find it is in everyones interest to keep Rangers in the SPL.for financial resaons.
indeed. The current telly deal, worth a generous £80m over five years, stipulates that Rangers must play Celtic four times a season

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
indeed. The current telly deal, worth a generous £80m over five years, stipulates that Rangers must play Celtic four times a season

Even with the arguements over whether that is 4 games with Old Co. or New Co. Rangers, the financial number appear to make it a no brainer for all concerned.

Noodley

Punt them out is my view.
Renegotiate TV deals, start afresh without them.
And it might put Celtic in ther place as well given that they will no longer have their city 'rivals' backing them in opposing every decision which favours other teams who are not Celtic or Rangers.

gavintc

Guru
My take is that if Rangers are allowed to carry on as they were, they will do just that. They have effectively purchased their position as 1st / 2nd in SPL with money they could not afford. Returning them to the SPL, will I fear merely condone this action and will not start the corrective action needed. No, in my opinion Newco Rangers should start start next season in one of the lower divisions and should play themselves back to the top league (without taking on unsustainable debt).

mangaman

I see your point gavintc, but surely Sky would pull the plug *with respect to your home city teams, Herts vs Hibs means nothing to Southern softies like me, whereas I may watch an old firm game.

Voting Rangers out of the SPL would financially break all of the clubs and drag them down with Rangers

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm a (sort of) Celtic fan for sectarian reasons. The hardcore fans of either club are a disgrace to their communities.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I see your point gavintc, but surely Sky would pull the plug *with respect to your home city teams, Herts vs Hibs means nothing to Southern softies like me, whereas I may watch an old firm game.

Voting Rangers out of the SPL would financially break all of the clubs and drag them down with Rangers

Indeed.. and as I said above.. Rangers don't need the smaller teams, the smaller teams however need Rangers.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

that's about the size of it...

colly

Re member eR
It will be a shame for Scottish football but 'no club is to big to fail'. Any other company small organisation or individual owing HMRC tax like that would not be given any consideration at all. It would be :
''Pay up or we will have you.''
As for players being preferential creditors because of their contracts?? What a load of bo******s. What about Joe McBloggs who is owed for his heating repairs. Why is his contract not given the same consideration? Or the other employees?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Thick question, I know, but:

The debts will be put in the hands of the creditors whilst the new company will start off without any debts but gain the assets. Fair enough, but how is the old company now devoid of its assets going to pay the debt off??

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The smaller clubs do not need Rangers. Should they demise one of the other clubs will rise to take their place, that is how these things work. No major league in the world has permanent one team domination as far as I know, the support and the resources available to Rangers will gradually transfer to clubs like Aberdeen or Hearts. The present four division system has strangled Scottish football and four Rangers v Celtic fixtures a year have benefited no one but those two clubs. As for Sky's money, that is exactly what has caused the problems in the first place as is the case in England, clubs spending Sky's cash several years in advance of receiving it and then finding out the principles of basic arithmetic.

Rangers won't be the first big club in Britain to hit the skids, of the twenty premiership clubs last season only two, Stoke and Wolves have zero debt. Some of those debts are affordable, Arsenals for instance, but most are being slowly strangled as they march on as blind to reality as only football clubs can be.

redcard

Veteran
Read this comment on a Celtic forum a few weeks back:

Adam doesn’t bother me in the slightest. He has absolutely no influence on the outcome of this farce. He can therefore put his view into play any time he likes as far as i’m concerned

What may be of interest to him, and others, is that the very worst of the offenses committed by Rangers have yet to be properly put into the public domain. In fact they haven’t been put there at all.

They will be and when they are, they will be beyond belief. In fact I had a problem believing it myself initially. At the point of disclosure I very much look forward to reading Adam’s efforts to put forward the alternative view.It’s not my story so i can’t control the disclosure timescale, but when it comes out it will be nuclear

Just to make this clear, what has still to come out is worse than illegally registering players, is worse than using VAT and PAYE as cash-flow, is worse than deliberately not paying fellow clubs, is worse than deliberately abusing the EBT system

its much worse……

My advice to those who know what they have done……don’t walk away…….run away as fast as you can,preferably to somewhere without an extradition treaty with the UK……because you know what you have done, and you know that its coming out.​

redcard

Veteran

I would so love to watch a Rangers DVD of season 2012-2013, showing highlights of all their 7-0 victories to the soundtrack of Joe Esposito's 'You're The Best'.

Top Bottom