recommend a G shock or other night visible watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sanddancer

I had a chinese ohsen watch which was similar to a g shock only much cheaper :biggrin:
I wore it for work and commute but the crown has snapped off..it was a good watch analogue/digital with a light but quite hard to see in the dark due to the position and brightness of the light.
I am thinking of getting a g shock but want one that is easily visible for my fading eyesight and lights up for the dark winter commutes.
waterproof with a divers strap so I can wear it over my jersey sleeve too.

what watch do you wear for cycling ?
and any recommendations are welcome.
thanks.

OP
OP
sanddancer

sanddancer

Ps .
I would prefer digi/analogue but may consider either or.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Get yourself a Pebble watch.
With a shake of the wrist the light comes on to see the time. It's a smart watch so you can have texts and emails sent to it if you want.

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
Lights up in the dark when you raise your wrist:

E7F1DF41-D8CF-4149-B569-03C511114ADE.jpg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
you want easy to see, waterproof and with a divers strap - why not look at a divers watch? I have a Rotary one that was inexpensive, very robust to knocks and bad weather (it says waterproof and I've not had reason to doubt it yet) and it glows in the dark like Marie Curie's teeth with easily differentiated hands and good, chunky 5 minute marks. Also IME it looks a bit nicer that the big plasticy chunky Casio types.

Otherwise +1 to our blue friend : maybe consider a smartwatch and app it up to record other fitness & ride detail too and have easy access to make a phone call if you end up sprawled in a ditch somewhere (hopefully not tho)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Fenix 2 if I getting all sweaty otherwise it is something that doesn't scream either "sportswatch" or "flash 'arry".

Rolex Oyster?

I tend to wear my Garmin fenix 3 Sapphire HR most of the time. If I have to wear a watch proper then it's my Hamilton.
I have the original Fenix which I interchange with my Suunto Ambit depending upon what I am doing. The Fenix interface is easier but both allow GPX files as an end product

Daily I find the Apple Watch fulfills most needs

OP
OP
sanddancer

sanddancer

Lights up in the dark when you raise your wrist:

E7F1DF41-D8CF-4149-B569-03C511114ADE.jpg

In reply to others I'm not keen on the pebble and use my phone for strava.

the timex etc I have plenty of steel strapped watches etc.

traser is nice but a tad expensIve to get knocked about in work.

what model gshock is that ? Although it sounds a bit annoying if the light keeps going off every time i lift my arm :biggrin:

subaqua

What’s the point
In reply to others I'm not keen on the pebble and use my phone for strava.

the timex etc I have plenty of steel strapped watches etc.

traser is nice but a tad expensIve to get knocked about in work.

what model gshock is that ? Although it sounds a bit annoying if the light keeps going off every time i lift my arm :biggrin:
You can adjust it so it doesn't do it. My wife has one ( she likes the chunky g shocks) and sets it to not do it till she needs it.

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 4284129, member: 45"]Cheap Decathlon digital watch.[/QUOTE]
My last g shock was from decathlon cheaper than the decathlon own brand watches. G7700 .

You want a 50m rated watch for swimming , water/splash resistant and waterproof are very different . A good shower can ruin the wrong type.

Top Bottom