Richmond Park this Saturday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
taking a train to go for a ride in LONDON that's so wrong :stop: (when you live in london)
i'm working on sat till 1300 so may pop down later, but dont wait for me

frank9755

Cyclist
I'll try to pop down. It would be nice to have a moderate ride on Saturday, and the weather forecast is looking ok too.

Frank

redjedi

Über Member
I'm starting to feel a bit more human today. So if it's dry on Saturday then I may be there.

I'm also trying my best to get rid of the annoying tick in my drive chain but no promises. Bring earplugs if you're on the brink of cracking up :tongue:

And there'll be no racing the Dunwich Dynorods this time for me, but Abs feel free to show them a thing or two :biggrin:

OP
OP
Becs

Becs

Veteran
If it's not raining I will be at Roehampton gate at 12, unfortunately Abs can't make it. I'll be going anti-clockwise so if anyone arrives later you should be able to find me if you go the other way - or you could just listen out for someone doing an impression of darth vader and that will be me on Sawyers hill! :eek:

Pottsy

Hi all. I might pop along too, depending on this evenings activities and the weather tomorrow. I'm only 10 minutes away so no excuses really. :smile:

If I make it I'll be a Roehampton Gate at 1200 but don't wait for me.

frank9755

Cyclist
If I make it I'll be a Roehampton Gate at 1200 but don't wait for me.

We waited until about 12:20, to see who else might turn up, then Becs, Luke, Mark and I did a couple of brisk laps. I'd never done laps of Richmond Park before (where have I been?) so it was particularly fun for me, the riding plus enjoying watching all the other cyclists and admiring some of the sexy bikes (I think I got that the right way round)

We then had a nice cup of tea while we waited for it to start raining so we could get very wet on the way home!

Pottsy

Ah, sorry I didn't make it but good to hear a few turned up.

I'd be on for doing this another time if anyone organises this again.

redjedi

Über Member
A bit late.....but a very enjoyable ride. I wasn't at the peak of fitness (when have I ever been) after having a cold all week but a couple of laps of the park was just what was needed.

A bit of a good and bad day. After working on my bike in the kitchen until 11pm trying to get rid of the annoying click in the BB, I wouldn't know if my hard work would have payed dividends until I left in the morning. And so far so good. 25 miles of blissful silence, apart from a few gear slips while spinning up the little hills
biggrin.gif

Followed by the bad of getting a puncture on the way home in the pouring rain. Luckily only 1/2 mile from home, so it was the pump/ride/pump/ride method of getting to my destination.

I look forward to the next time.

Top Bottom