RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2015) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed, they would not have got a deferred place unless they pulled out by midnight. I expect it was a limited number. There are probably some people unable to ride in heavy rain etc for health reasons, but it's not like they were forecasting anything else

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
@Dogtrousers Gyms got a quota of spots I think. I heard one guy in Evans say he'd won a place through a ballot at his
Ah that explains it.

Anyway, if I did try to register again, I'd probably find some other reason to stomp off in a huff and not sign up.

I'm not knocking it btw. A pal of mine has ridden it twice, once for charity, and I helped him train. He loves it.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I saw at least one rider with no helmet yesterday...he had a lot of dreadlocks though!!
Come to think of it, I remember an outraged letter in the Metro last year spluttering in fury that they'd seen a rider in last year's event without a hat. Made me chuckle at the time as I could imagine it being quoted in the hat forum here.

vickster

Legendary Member
I guess Prudential have to think about their not insignificant insurance provision, same as all sportives, races etc. Would have also been the reason for course shortening. Indeed, the local coordinator bossman where I was marshalling said that at one point cancellation was discussed but then the weather changed course slightly to beat up the French more :biggrin:

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Get a job with The Prudential, they get guaranteed places according to the FPA I met along Wimbledon common yesterday.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I guess Prudential have to think about their not insignificant insurance provision, same as all sportives, races etc. Would have also been the reason for course shortening. Indeed, the local coordinator bossman where I was marshalling said that at one point cancellation was discussed but then the weather changed course slightly to beat up the French more :biggrin:

Where were you on duty yesterday?

vickster

Legendary Member
There were others in the morning, was by the railway station, fortunately under the bridge when the heavens opened at about 3!

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Am loving the fact my 2013 Ridelondon title has morphed to two following yearly threads @CarlP. :biggrin:

After two failed ballots, and one charity ride, am hoping its 3rd time lucky for a free ride on closed roads.

Wonder if it will beat last year for how quick the ballot will reach its limit. Bet it will.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Am loving the fact my 2013 Ridelondon title has morphed to two following yearly threads @CarlP. :biggrin:

After two failed ballots, and one charity ride, am hoping its 3rd time lucky for a free ride on closed roads.

Wonder if it will beat last year for how quick the ballot will reach its limit. Bet it will.

Sorry I knicked your idea.

Good luck with the ballot on Monday.

Top Bottom