Robbed and stabbed for an iphone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazy

Hi

i was robbed and stabbed outside my home for an iphone 128gb which i listed on gumtree while my neighbors watched in broad day light, i am lucky to be alive and still struggling with the aftermath of the robbery however i would like to raise awareness so others can remain safe and learn from my experience.

Police: i think police is only there to give you a crime reference number and thats about it. they are not interested i personally feel police is responsible and due to their incompetence criminals have become so fearless. you will be fobbed off.

Gumtree: They don't care, i followed all their safety guidelines, gumtree has been criticized many times for the way they do business, they should do more to protect their customers.

Apple: the phone was immediately switched off and find my phone is not useful unless the phone is connected to the internet,

Mobile network: they kindly locked the IMEI number hower as the phone was unlocked to all networks i am not sure if the phone will be actually locked, i think the robber would be able to ship the phone outside the country and use it. i think the robber saw me unlocking the phone so he has access to my pin.

Myself: i am kicking myself for being so naive and my trusting nature, i always thought bad things wont happen to me, i was silly to miss the signs and should have been more vigilant bur i am not the first one and unfortunately wont be the last one.

Please be prepared as if this happens to you you wont be able to get much help.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ooooffff sorry to hear that, hope you recover soon!

JMAG

Über Member
Sorry to hear this. I hope you weren't too seriously injured, but please don't kick yourself for being naive, it could happen to anybody. It's natural to say "what if" after the fact, but unless you're clairvoyant there are always surprises around the corner.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

Sorry to hear this. I hope you weren't too seriously injured, but please don't kick yourself for being naive, it could happen to anybody. It's natural to say "what if" after the fact, but unless you're clairvoyant there are always surprises around the corner.

Thanks for the kind words appreciate that.

classic33

Leg End Member
All networks will block the handset, if reported stolen. Even if anyone tries to use it, the first time its picked up by a network it'll be blocked.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
All networks will block the handset, if reported stolen. Even if anyone tries to use it, the first time its picked up by a network it'll be blocked.

Unless it gets shipped out the county, in which case it can be used.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

I would expect a slightly more interested response than that for a stabbing.

yeah me too the last time i heard from them was on the day of incident i was told not to keep my hopes high and were making excuses,.i said to the detective so you are hoping the robber will turn up and confesses his crimes and provide you evidence against himself as well?

i felt so alone and powerless. i thought of police so high before now i am thinking what will i do if there is another situation like this? who would i call for help and what other victims of crime do? what can i do to protect my family when i don't trust the police or we cant rely on them for protection?

buggi

Bird Saviour
You need to contact your local victim support group. They will help with the way you are feeling and you can talk it through with them . It must have been very frightening and you will naturally feel like this after. 20 stitches!!! Did he use a meat cleaver?! He must have almost severed your finger!!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Sorry to hear about this and glad you are ok.

Gumtree are useless. A couple of weeks ago I was stupid enough do a bank transfer for an item on Gumtree, then the next day I get an email from Gumtree telling me it was as scam but they wont provide me with any contact info they have for the person I sent the money to.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Get Well Soon.
What a horrendous experience. Is there any CCTV in your street at all? Not that the police would dream of using it to get a conviction. We were told, by police, that the street CCTV was not admissible in court after a burglary.

Take the time to get better and +1 on the victim support thing.

Top Bottom