Robbed and stabbed for an iphone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SD1

police were not keen on CCTV, they could have obtained council CCTV footage which work in collaboration with them but i strongly feel the detective was being very passive and was not very keen to look for options.

i am just giving them time i will defiantly make some noise because if they wont make any arrests the criminals will be more encouraged and more people will get hurt.
Ring them, and and a again and again and a again and again and so on. It took 6 weeks to get a police officer to tell me the name and number of another police officer who ignored a crime I reported. He didn't even fill in the book. This is despite there only being two police officer working out of that station and I was asking the other one.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

Ring them, and and a again and again and a again and again and so on. It took 6 weeks to get a police officer to tell me the name and number of another police officer who ignored a crime I reported. He didn't even fill in the book. This is despite there only being two police officer working out of that station and I was asking the other one.
Thanks I will, what a useless prick he didn't even fill in the book.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

I hope you're healing well.

However, I think that gumtree really needs to be treated the same as a newspaper classified ad.

Thanks I am however I disagree Gumtree has much more resources as compared to a newspaper, it keeps records of IP addresses, it can also make users register before they can see ads

SD1

I'm no expert but surely the police could issue a warrant to get that information from Gumtree?
Yes
Or have I been watching too many crime shows?
Yes because they believe they have better things to do, than dealing with knife attacks.
PS a few times I have noticed cash only sales for bikes on EBay where on questioning they say we will meet up and exchange money and bike. Dodgy but have spoken to police suggesting that they come along....not interested.

vickster

Legendary Member
Go to your local MPs surgery and talk to them. I'm sure they can get some leverage with police and gumtree.

Hope you get some help :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes

Yes because they believe they have better things to do, than dealing with knife attacks.
PS a few times I have noticed cash only sales for bikes on EBay where on questioning they say we will meet up and exchange money and bike. Dodgy but have spoken to police suggesting that they come along....not interested.
The other option is PayPal but that's rife with scams too! Thankfully events like these are rare. I've sold bikes from my home for cash and I've bought a second hand bike on eBay and collected from someone's house, never an issue, but I make sure there is lots of communication and I'm confident in the other party

SD1

The other option is PayPal but that's rife with scams too! Thankfully events like these are rare. I've sold bikes from my home for cash and I've bought a second hand bike on eBay and collected from someone's house, never an issue, but I make sure there is lots of communication and I'm confident in the other party
They didn't want to meet at there home (stated by them) but an unnamed location. Tell you if you win the auction was one persons answer!

vickster

Legendary Member
Avoid then of course. I did once exchange a bike in a busy carpark near my office as convenient for both parties. In the middle of the day

Ebay, Paypal and Gumtree are one and the same company. Ebay is the top of the tree. Paypal is going to be floated on its won to focus on payments only. Gumtree is the Ba-----d child of Ebay and a vipers nest.

All three hide behind the Police. The Police are at a stage when they act on cases where the victims make the most noise so the meek and the vulnerable are have no support.

Till today I meet people who think that Gumtree is great when even the parent company pretends it is not related.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I'm no expert but surely the police could issue a warrant to get that information from Gumtree? Or have I been watching too many crime shows?

When I reported the scammer who stole my money Gumtree filed a crime report via Action Fraud, the UK's National Fraud and Internet Crime Reporting Centre but when I asked for any information they had on the scammer they told me "Your legal representative will need to contact us directly in order for us to supply them with any information we have on our systems."

mustang1

Guru
Sorry to hear this stupid news. I know someone who had something similar happen to then. The robbers came into the house and stabbed my mate who had an iPad for sale.

Top Bottom