Rohloffs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

P.H

Über Member
There's a couple of Rohloff threads going, yet no photo thread. I didn't want to clog the chat up with mine, so here they are, interested to see yours. These two are the same hub, but very different bikes. Thorn Raven and made to my specification XACD titanium. Same spot, first at the end of the Pennine Cycle Way and the other half way through the Coast and Castles.
8435395839_9efa57bd3a_z.jpg

6170593404_55a88af904_z.jpg

You lucky b....gars love to have one some day. a review would be nice.

My Rohloff Stable:
P6216321.jpg

DSCF0163.jpg

IMG_1850a.jpg

My wife also owns a Thorn Raven and a Birdy Grey

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You lucky b....gars love to have one some day. a review would be nice.

I reviewed mine here in fact there's two reviews: one for the very first Chimera and a more detailed one for my own.

A picture of mine under construction: The rear drop outs can accommodate derailleur gearing as well as single speed and hub gears.

Vernons Chimera 001small.jpg

Our Rohloff hub bikes.

My husband's Thorn Nomad mk II (in Druskiniki Lithuania)
IMG_2951_1024.JPG

Both bikes laden (somewhere in Greece) - rare photo of me! (taken at 13,000km)
IMG_3476_1024.JPG

Both bikes laden almost the last photo before the 'dog incident' ended the world tour. (North of Dinar, Turkey) (taken at 13,966km)
IMG_4019_1024.JPG

My Thorn Nomad mk II (unladen, Dinar Turkey) - the crutch worled really well for propping the bike up - no adjustments needed!
IMG_4037_1024.JPG

My Rohloff equipped bike - a Santos Travelmaster 2.6 Alu (26inch wheel, aluminium frame).

This is in commuter mode with no front rack and sporting flat pedals. It has a SON hub running a Schmidt Edelux and a B&M Toplight; Marathon Supreme tyres on Rigida rims; a B17 upon which to perch my bum; a prop stand (particularly handy when fully loaded) and a wheel lock (good for quickly nipping into shops). Very comfy but not the fastest bike.

santos%2520heaton.jpg

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Rubbish picture but this is my Burls Rohloff Allrounder nearing its rebuild completion, just front mudguard, dynamo lights and rear rack to put on....blooming parky in the garage at the moment though. This has all been in storage pending completion of a home refurb, the dust levels tell me that was the right move, and my all clear from the surgeon to ride again.....which I received today!!!

2729-cf0676a29e47917ceef061f5e74d902f.jpg

Skipper, this frame is almost identical in dimensions to a large Thorn Mercury and I'm 6' 1" tall.

Top Bottom