Rohloffs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
My Thorn Sports Tour
IMG_0781 a.jpg

Crankarm

Guru

Pic sorted so we can see the old boy/girl.

IMG_0310[2].jpg

Skipper9999

At last ... Picked up today from Woodrup
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366497465.631209.jpg

A nice bike and I'm happy with my choice of colour.

OP
OP
P

P.H

Über Member
That does look very nice, I wish you many happy miles.
How long was the wait, it didn't seem that long to me?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Skipper9999 of this parish took delivery of a Woodrup Chimera yesterday. I was unable to join him for an inaugural ride along the Leeds/Liverpool canal because I was busy quaffing beer in Hull after a FNRttC.

pajegy9y.jpg

Skipper9999

photo.JPG
Great looking bike, congratulations :thumbsup:

How does it ride?

I have only completed 25 miles on the bike and initial thought are wonderful it just fits closer than any bike before, That won’t stop me tinkering up a bit down a bit for a while.

I would like to try a stem about one inch longer as I felt this would just about put the icing on the cake.

The brakes (which are XT) do as instructed. Not sure if that little light on the front will do all I want “Busch&Muller IQ Cyo N Plus 60lux front(£80.00) B&M 4D lite plus rear (£25.00)” I have removed the rear light already as it spoilt the bike with the cable twisted round the other cables before finally being stuck on the outside of the mudguards with insulting tape . Maybe it will look better fitted on rack. I think the cables would be better in cover like used on all the other cables. Or maybe I’m a novice and still got lots to learn.

But I am pleased overall and the little niggles will get sorted I’m just pleased that the main points that can’t be altered are working and fitting me well.

I would be lying if I said I parted with my cash easily and when I first seen the bike I thought what a lot of money. It is a big step from Dawes Karakum and a trek Soho to a custom build with a Rohloff hub with V-Brakes that work XT's (you’ve guessed it in the past they didn’t) The Soho has a built in hub brake which is good when you know you need to stop. So leaving off the disc has not bothered me now.

But the cost soon got forgot about as I peddled from the shop and you can feel the quality, so in time the smile appeared and all was well.

So at this stage thanks to everyone who helped in my endless posts while trying to select and build the bike? Vernon has giving up a lot of time to help answer questions (in the end to save time I just rang him) and he loves the brand and eagle eyed Tony from Woodrup who spotted my post and took me by the wallet to a new and untested paradise.

Last but not least the man with the skill Kevin Sayles (And I thought the “S” on the frame was for Skipper) the frame builder from Woodrup’s a wonderful guy who I’m sure when he passes on will have a bigger box than the one he works in now. It was a joy and a pleasure to see him in action.

OOPS – I was really asked what the ride was like, can I come back to that.

I’m now on the hunt for a rack that both functions and looks good then if the light does not work I think I will stick with a Cateye Cube or similar. Which is setup Thorn do, as they also think the cable to rear is too much of a problem. Any pointers (I am sure in an earlier post I was directed to a surly)

PS. The bike slept well the first night back home in the living room (don’t think the boss was too happy) and yes it was of money but as yet I still haven’t found a shroud with pockets in.

Time to get out and do some miles now and live by my number one motto

“Not many men on their death beds wished they had spent more time at work”

Top Bottom