Ronde de Vlaanderen 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
I (and I guess a lot of other people) always have the feeling that Kristoff isn't (or won't be) able to hang on to the very best on the Kwaremont and/or Paterberg at the very end, but if you look at his rising results/form of the last years, his result in RvV of the last years (last year he even dropped Terpstra in that final flat 10K) and his absolut great form he has shown this year (or even this week)... all of a sudden I'm not so confident anymore about the dropping of Kristoff

On another note: to show the cycling madness in Flanders once more, last weekend the Gent-Wevelgem race on Sporza was watched by 1.079.477 viewers (out of a total "Flemish population" of 6 million)! Of course, the RvV couldd add about another 100.000 to that number (even despite the roads will be filled with people watching) :becool::cheers::hyper:

raindog

er.....
On another note: to show the cycling madness in Flanders once more, last weekend the Gent-Wevelgem race on Sporza was watched by 1.079.477 viewers (out of a total "Flemish population" of 6 million)! Of course, the RvV couldd add about another 100.000 to that number (even despite the roads will be filled with people watching) :becool::cheers::hyper:
:smile: love it

The Couch

Über Member
Sky is trying to score some points with the Belgian fans (and personally speaking.... it's working :okay:)
This will be their outfit for RvV
truitjelive.jpg

beastie

Guru
Kristoff is in top top form. Dropping him will be very difficult. The closer we get to Sunday the more I think that Sagan cannot be that bad. I think he might be absolutely sand bagging since MSR, and is gonna be flying.

It should make for a very fast paced race in the last 90 mins. Thomas, Vanmarke and Etixx must attack Kristoff and drop him and Also Degenkolb. It could be a classic classic.

Luke Rowe insults all Belgians :smile:

“There is a chance to go under the radar and do something but as long as G is in the race, I’ve got no intention of flicking him like that. That’s more of a Belgian thing to do I think. I’ll stay by his side and be loyal.”

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The RVV is one of my favourite single-day races so I am really looking to this one, with GT in great form and neither of the Usual Suspects taking part.

(I enjoy watching Boonen and Cancellara in action, but it will make a nice change to see what unfolds in this possibly more open edition.)

iLB

Hello there
Sky is trying to score some points with the Belgian fans (and personally speaking.... it's working :okay:)
This will be their outfit for RvV
truitjelive.jpg

And I'd been doing so well, not buying any rapha gear all these years. That is class.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
When was that picture released,
My immediate reaction is that must have been A Wednesday morning photo. Then I think about Dave's "innovative" mind, remember the Sky stripped toothpaste?, and now I'm doubting myself. :wacko:

' “The whole team is on a bit of a roll at the moment. It’s infectious,” Thomas says. “I’m in the best shape I’ve been in, and the team are in the best shape they’ve been in, and we’ve got a lovely new bike.”

The bike, unveiled today, is the latest collaboration between Team Sky, Pinarello, the Italian bicycle company, and Jaguar, the car manufacturer, in an effort to lessen the impact of 100,000 cobblestones on ankles, knees and wrists. A small suspension unit built into the top of the seatstays is combined with bendy carbon chainstays in a rear triangle that flexes under the rider by about 1.5 centimetres.

This new style of rear suspension is arguably the most striking development in road bicycle design since electric gear-shifting. Sir Bradley Wiggins has described it as “game-changing” and riders say that the benefits are most obvious at high speed, when stability in the rear end helps to keep the bike in a straight line.

But, as Carsten Jeppesen, Sky’s head of technical operations, knows, cobbled classics are not won by the best bike. A small-performance gain means very little to a rider who has a puncture midway up the cobbled climb of the Koppenberg, or who finds himself thrown over the handlebars when a rival falls under his front wheel. The point, Jeppesen says, is merely to give his team a significant but legal advantage, and the Pinarello K8-S will also appear on the cobbled stages of this year’s Tour de France.

"The Pinarello Dogma K8-S and modifications for the cobbles

• 900g frame with suspension seatstays and flexible carbon chainstays
• Longer wheelbase, for increased stability
• Tyre pressures lowered from 80-100psi to 60-70psi
• Wider tyres: 25mm for Flanders, up to 28mm for Roubaix
• Gear shifters on handlebar tops, for changing gear in an upright riding position" '

(Article in The Times)

Last edited:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Doesn't the bike need UCI approval to be raced ?
If so, it must have been given the green light.

I certainly hope they don't ban it; I'm waiting for this type of technology to trickle down.

Top Bottom