Sad, sad news - Vernon has gone to the great Pie shop in the sky!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Never met the guy but always used to enjoy his posts. RIP and thoughts are with his family.

Awwww, sad news. I felt really excited for him when he talked about the count down to his retirement and it is so unfair he hasn't got to enjoy it.
Sending virtual hugs to his family.

This may sound weird, but is not intended that way

I have never met Vernon, I do not know Vernon, however through this forum I do feel that Vernon was someone who, if I had met in real life would have been someone whose company I would have enjoyed and valued

i can only imagine the loss that those who were fortunate to have met him, and those close to him are feeling

R.I.P VERNON , I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS^^^^^^^

gavintc

Guru
Very sad. Not good. Having just read about the German cyclist who was killed in London, I was feeling down. Now reading this has not helped. RIP - a good man.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Holy shoot. One of the loveliest posters on here. We never met, but I used to make a point of reading his posts. RIP
I have met lots of lovely CycleChat members and Vernon was somebody I had definitely hoped to add to the list, but now it will never be ...

I feel a bit upset at the moment, but I think I will search through his posts once the news has sunk in. RIP.

I've had an idea which I will PM @Shaun about ...

TVC

No. This is not right.

I was working out how we were going to meet this summer, I was going to swap him some sausages for one of his pies.

He had so much fun ahead of him in his retirement and that joy has been stolen from him. I'm angry as well as desperately sad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom