England : West Yorkshire Sat 9th Nov 10am - Pugney's, Wakefield - LEJOG / CC ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Thanks for coming today colly, DCLane, Gary Newton and Steve H, I enjoyed it. Huge respect to colly on a fixed wheel bike round these parts, it can't have been easy.....oooh hes fit :thumbsup:
I don't think we talked much LEJOG stuff but never mind it doesn't matter.
Shame about that rain near the end but that's typical eh. Sorry I didn't stay for coffee but once I'm wet I hate stopping, I'm a big jessy and feel the cold terrible so prefer to keep moving.
Hope you enjoyed the route, I'll let someone else plan next time and I'll sit on the back.....thanks again, nice meeting you all :thanks:

...and Moodyman you missed a nice ride but no worries, we'll meet next time

Steve H

Large Member
Thanks for a great ride out today gents - really enjoyable, even if I was biting my bar tape on some of them climbs.

I've got 43 weeks to go until my LEJOG event and today was a great start to training for it!

I've not really ridden over that way before. The initial main roads were busy, but once we broke off onto the country lanes it was really gorgeous countryside. Three quarters sunshine and one quarter rain on a ride at this time of year is pretty good.

Extra thanks go to Colly for buying me a cup of tea! :cuppa:

colly

Re member eR
Was I glad to get back?? Pursued it down for the last 7 miles or so.
Thanks for sorting the route out @oiljam. Nice to meet some new faces off here too. You're right not much talk of lejog but tbh I wouldn't have had the breath for much yapping.

Top Bottom