• June

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • July

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • August

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Train gets into York 1530...tomorrow :smile:

As it's daylight, I shouldn't have any problems finding the Minster-shaped object after the ride in from Newton. Daft as it may seem, I got a little lost en route to the Cleethorpes ride (this did not happen again, though...).

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
@middleagecyclist How are we looking for numbers?
There are numbers. I haven't tallied them yet. I need to complete my vino and my MSc assignment work and my treehouse build woodwork and clean the bike as well. I'll let you know tomorrow PM. It leaves time for latecomers that way. It won't be a huge group though, so hopefully not too much dilly and dallying.

StuAff

There are numbers. I haven't tallied them yet. I need to complete my vino and my MSc assignment work and my treehouse build woodwork and clean the bike as well. I'll let you know tomorrow PM. It leaves time for latecomers that way. It won't be a huge group though, so hopefully not too much dilly and dallying.
If there is dilly and dallying, not an issue for me at least. Saturday night's dinner will be of the slow-cooking it will sit there if need be variety, so I am informed by my hosts. My recovery protein won't be ending up in the dogs :smile:

Slioch

Guru
Here's the detailed forecast for York for tomorrow. Link. A wee bit breezy but otherwise not too shabby. Suncream may be required.

upload_2015-6-26_8-40-11.png

StuAff

In Newton at the mates. Had a look at the NRM (big boys' toys) before riding in with Daryl, who altercated on my behalf with Mr Use The Cycle Lane (that ended in 300ft). Carbs will be thoroughly loaded :smile:

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
I have trawled my messages and gone back through this thread and I reckon the following have confirmed to join up in York.

@busdennis
@Slioch
@MikeW-71
@growingvegetables
@StuAff

If you are planning to come and are not on the list please let me know tonight.

I should be at the Minster for about 09:30hrs and I hear there will be CAIK available too. Thanks @User10119. I reckon its going to be quite humid so two water bottles will be handy. The 'lunch' stop will be at the Honeypot Cafe on the south shore of the Humber just by the bridge. I hope to get there by 3pm at the latest. We have a scheduled short refreshment stop in Goole which is about halfway to the bridge. Can everyone make sure they have a spare tube, pump, etc and check tyre pressures tonight.

See you tomorrow

Darrell

Are you heading out of town via the B1228 to Elvington? That was my commute route this morning and it was even more hideous than is usual on a school day due to large numbers of out of area drivers and a bus going in each direction every 5 minutes or so - all because of the uni open day which it appears is being repeated tomorrow.

It's normally not a bad route on a weekend, but will be unusually busy tomorrow. The stretch from Grimston Bar roundabout to the airfield is going to be the busy bit and is only about 3 miles. There's one particularly unpleasant series of blind bends that I heartily recommend taking a very assertive primary on - drivers will squeeze by otherwise and there's absolutely nowhere to go when they realise there's an oncoming vehicle.

I was vaguely surprised that DZ routed the Cleethorpes (which went on the following year to become the Hull) ride that way the first year as I'd only ever ridden it as a commute at commuting times - it was a bit of revelation on the recce run to discover that on weekends it was merely a bit dull (in daylight) for the first few miles, rather than mildly terrifying!

It tanked it down yesterday evening, which seems to have helped drop the pollen levels a bit. Now beautiful blue skies in York this morning!

MikeW-71

Veteran
Well, that was a loooong ride and I think most of us were flagging a bit near the end with the wind, but 110 miles is my new record and that's the imperial century ticked off ^_^

I'm gonna be sore tommorrow though :B)

Great to ride with you guys and hope to do it again soon :cheers:

Top Bottom