Shearer and Newcastle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nah great move imho.
Hopefully Shearer will take the so called 'everyones favourite other club' and their so called 'best fans in the country' down to the Championship.

Maz

Guru
Shearer's been teasing us all along. The number of times he'd been asked on MoTD if he'd take the job and he said no. Mind you, I'm sure he'd hate to see his beloved Toon go down, so he might just be the man for the job.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Who knows? It might just work. I'm utterly perplexed as to how/why it works, but sometimes a different manager can get completely different performances out of the same bunch of players.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
desperation on both their parts. Ashley wouldn't have asked Shearer if he had any alternative, and Shearer wouldn't have taken the job unless he thought the situation was dire. I think Shearer's motives are noble, but the team are playing like muppets, so he's got an uphill task.

U

User482

rich p said:
At least it'll get the boring tw*t off MotD

+1.

I can't decide what's worse - his inane platitudes, utter lack of insight, or his dreadful shirts. If he's as bad a manager as he is a pundit, Newcastle are fecked.

U

User482

Landslide said:
Definitely the shirts!xx(

You could be right.

I used to love MOTD - Des Lynam, Trevor Brooking & Alan Hansen all in suits & ties, offering genuinely interesting views. Now we have that smug perma-tanned chimp Lineker, Hansen is a caricature of his former self, and Lawro's terrible jokes and terrible hair.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Shearer as manager of The Toon seems like one of those things that you just know HAS to happen at some point, some kind of destiny leading both parties to the same point... and Shearer seems to recognise this as well, and has bided his time, till he felt it was right for him and the club. However, i think he's got the time wrong, which is a pity for both, really. If they go down (or doon, as Maz says xx() he probably won't get another bite of the cherry...

Top Bottom