Shearer and Newcastle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Uncle Mort said:
I nearly choked there, User482, steady on, old man. xx(

In fairness, he hasn't said anything interesting for at least 5 years!

Wolf04

ianrauk said:
Nah great move imho.
Hopefully Shearer will take the so called 'everyones favourite other club' and their so called 'best fans in the country' down to the Championship.

We are the stupidest best fans in the country, who else would support a club in such large numbers that have won absolutely nothing in most of their lifetimes. I don't think many people choose Newcastle as their second club these days. Currently they are not even my favourite other club.
Oh to be a Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool fan where the only problem is finding the money to go to all of the games.

We are the Geordies......

OP
OP
G

Greedo

I thought all you Englanders thought Shearer was a top bloke and you all worshipped him!!

I've always thought he was a boring git. His one armed goal celebration winds me up no end. And he stopped Chris Sutton from getting more caps. Prick!

rich p said:
At least it'll get the boring tw*t off MotD

User482 said:
+1.

I can't decide what's worse - his inane platitudes, utter lack of insight, or his dreadful shirts. If he's as bad a manager as he is a pundit, Newcastle are fecked.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Do you know what I genuinely think Newcastles problem is. There is only one team from the place so there is no pressure put on the team the way Celtic fans for arguments sake do to their team if Rangers are doing well and vice versa.

I can't imagine living somewhere, where everyone supports the same team as you. Weird. No one to wind up when you do well, no one to take the piss when you do crap.!

I know Sunderland and Middlesbourgh fans work in Newcastle but it must be a minority.

Wolf04 said:
We are the stupidest best fans in the country, who else would support a club in such large numbers that have won absolutely nothing in most of their lifetimes. I don't think many people choose Newcastle as their second club these days. Currently they are not even my favourite other club.
Oh to be a Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool fan where the only problem is finding the money to go to all of the games.

We are the Geordies......

PaulB

Legendary Member
Greedo said:
Do you know what I genuinely think Newcastles problem is. There is only one team from the place so there is no pressure put on the team the way Celtic fans for arguments sake do to their team if Rangers are doing well and vice versa.

I can't imagine living somewhere, where everyone supports the same team as you. Weird. No one to wind up when you do well, no one to take the piss when you do crap.!

I know Sunderland and Middlesbourgh fans work in Newcastle but it must be a minority.

I think you've got a point there. Look at Leeds for confirmation of this! Still, Newcastle fans must envy the success Leeds have had down the years even though Leeds've been on the crest of a slump for the past 8 years. The other big problem they have is that there can surely be no other group of people in the world so proud of what they are with nothing to back that pride up? Yeah, we know you're Geordies and you are loyal to your team but you may as well be loyal to loyalty for its own sake as that white elephant you support has given nothing but pain and frustration for all your lives and show no signs of changing that any time soon.

Kovu

Über Member
PaulB said:
I think you've got a point there. Look at Leeds for confirmation of this! Still, Newcastle fans must envy the success Leeds have had down the years even though Leeds've been on the crest of a slump for the past 8 years. The other big problem they have is that there can surely be no other group of people in the world so proud of what they are with nothing to back that pride up? Yeah, we know you're Geordies and you are loyal to your team but you may as well be loyal to loyalty for its own sake as that white elephant you support has given nothing but pain and frustration for all your lives and show no signs of changing that any time soon.

:huh: Leeds.

Either way Shearer will either save Newcastle and it will be all good. Or he will totally balls it up, which is all good because then the next manager can save it without having Shearer's name branded around. Best of both worlds.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Aye, someone said if he keeps them up, he'll be (even more of a) hero and if they go down, it's not his fault and they were too far gone anyway. Canny laaad like!

Kovu

Über Member
Exactly ... Shearer is in a win win situation, imagine he'll pick up a fair bit as well. Don't know how good he'll be, he's got Cheski first hasn't he?

Wolf04

I thinked we are doomed, I'm hoping Shearer might put his number 9 shirt back on and show the rest of the slackers how to do it. I now know why they invented Newcastle Brown Ale!!!!!

What's the beer like in the Championship?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Kovu said:
Exactly ... Shearer is in a win win situation, imagine he'll pick up a fair bit as well. Don't know how good he'll be, he's got Cheski first hasn't he?

They'll win that one. Mark my words!

U

User482

Wolf04 said:
I thinked we are doomed, I'm hoping Shearer might put his number 9 shirt back on and show the rest of the slackers how to do it. I now know why they invented Newcastle Brown Ale!!!!!

What's the beer like in the Championship?

As a Hammers fan, I've suffered more than my fair share of relegation trauma over the years! It can be pretty soul destroying - away to grim provincial clubs on a wet February Tuesday night, 10,000 watching and the oppostion trying to kick you up in the air rather than play football. On the plus side, you win a lot more games than in the premier league.

PaulB

Legendary Member
User482 said:
away to grim provincial clubs on a wet February Tuesday night,

Get her! Maybe you should form a That London league so you never have to leave the crapital. And there are few places grimmer than certain That London grounds I could mention.

U

User482

PaulB said:
Get her! Maybe you should form a That London league so you never have to leave the crapital. And there are few places grimmer than certain That London grounds I could mention.

I don't live in London. If you can't see that playing (for example) Doncaster holds less appeal for a Hammers fan than playing Man U, Liverpool et al, then we're poles apart.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
User482 said:
I don't live in London. If you can't see that playing (for example) Doncaster holds less appeal for a Hammers fan than playing Man U, Liverpool et al, then we're poles apart.

It's the 'grim provincial' clubs that have always been the backbone of British football. You are just being a snob, User482.

Anyway, back to the topic. The most important thing that happened to the Toon this week was not Shearer's arrival (which will be positive and may just provide enough confidence to save us from relegation), but the departure of the odious (and useless), Dennis Wise and the announcement that his spurious post was not going to be replaced. In other words, Shearer will get what Keegan wanted - greater control over the management. It's just a shame that our fat controller could not have done this earlier and saved us another season of pain, when it should have been our best season for a while...

Top Bottom