Should i ask for compensation for my bike and loss of earnings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
If he's as bad as described why does the group allow him to ride?

GC
Accy or the 80 year old git? :whistle:

The partial downside is that one BC member can't claim damages off another.
I thought that was the case, but I studied the terms and it's not. One BC member can claim damages off another, but they can't use the free legal advice provided by BC to do it. That's because BC only retain one firm of solicitors, so there would be a conflict of interest. Lawyer firms aren't allowed to represent both sides of a case.

But engage Slater and Gordon (or whomever) or just write a stern letter yourself, and you can claim away.

Seems a bit like we are ganging up on @Accy cyclist again the question you should be asking yourself is if the shoe was on the other foot would you be in a position to compensate the other rider?
I do, because I am a responsible adult. I have CTC membership for the insurance. Also I have public liability on my home policy. If (god forbid) i caused an accident that rendered someone paraplegic, it would be my moral as well as legal duty to look after her. Hence I have insurance.

Last edited:

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Can you really afford to risk cycling if you rely on self employment? Cycling holds risks the same as many other sports.

I think this is probably a bit of attention seeking mixed with a little bit of trolling.

Personally I don't think cycling is maybe your best choice of activity if you need to ask this many questions of this many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom