Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R600

Über Member
IMG_0014.JPG

Just before her maiden voyage.changed the tyres and added cruds. steerer tube will be getting cut

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
WP_20150702_007sml.jpg

Hi,
Just saw this thread and thought I'd add my picture of my relatively new Revolt 1 to it. I have it set up as a potter and explore/light tour machine, hence the bars not being set lower. Well, at the moment anyway, this may change.
The pic shows it as I'd just fitted the guards but before sawing the front guard stays off to length. I also fitted Marathons rather than the knobblies that it came with as I'll be doing more road than gravel surfaces here at home, next summer we'll be hitting the French canal and forest trails again though.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
What guards are they? Need a set on my Revolt.
Hi, I bought the guards off a chap here used, I think they came as a set for the bike he had (Kona Sutra I think?) but he never fitted. They are unbranded SKS, the only giveaway was the instruction leaflet having their name in it. As such I don't know what the SKS equivalent model is but I'm sure the LBS will find them.

The only 'issue' for fitting was that the front one has to be dropped down from the fork fitting hole by means of a small extension bracket (supplied in the fitting kit I received) otherwise it sits too high from the tyre.
Note that the rear stays were too short to allow clearance of the original knobbly 35c tyres on the bike but suited the Marathon 32's I fitted just right.

Last edited:

Doyleyburger

Veteran
What's everyone's thoughts on the stock giant PR-2 wheelset that come on the TCR advanced ?
Probably put zondas on in the near future but just thought I'd pose the question anyway

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Not that impressed with mine. Just had to get them trued and tightened as they were never right from the start. I think it's one area where they've cut costs. Maybe it's because they know most people will swap them out anyway. I'm saving for some full carbon wheels for next year.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
N
What's everyone's thoughts on the stock giant PR-2 wheelset that come on the TCR advanced ?
Probably put zondas on in the near future but just thought I'd pose the question anyway
Not even rode on mine yet and I already want to change them. I could sell them brand new on the cheap and tell the wife the new ones were the ones they meant to send the first time :whistle:

MisterStan

Label Required
I used mine on the Giant for a year, then bought some lighter ones to replace them and used them on the commuter/winter bike, they never needed any attention and lasted for ages despite the winter abuse they took. Perfectly good wheels IMO, but there are nicer available.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I popped some SKS mudguards on my Revolt recently to make it an all-weather commuter. First I tried by extending the bolt to bypass the front brake.

IMG_20150519_213345822.jpg
IMG_20150519_213413265.jpg

but I found the bottom stay very wobbly.

So I shortened the stay and used an old light bracket strap as a P-clip. It is less wobbly now but still a bit more wobbly than I'd like.

IMG_20150714_174410259.jpg

The rear guards fit on very well.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I got P-SL1's with mine but it was a few years ago . They are on the winter bike and never had a problem with them . Never had a problem with any of my wheels stock or not to be honest .

Top Bottom