Show Us Your Carbon!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swiftylee

It's a start

Attachments

• crbon.JPG
    crbon.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 82

sep1988

Is that red or pink?

Ummm.. more orangy pink (there is probably a proper name for the colour but I'm yet to find out )

VamP

Banned
A fairly crap pic of my new carbon bike, taken last night after it's first short ride

945078_606817142663280_27044753_n_zps47c6554e.jpg

Ahh Noodley, you've gone for the R3! I thought you was getting the Ultimate SLX. Pretty similar frames, that's looking good that is. Need to slam the stem ;)

Can't tell what gruppo that is, but if you're like me it's the Centaur :thumbsup:

zigzag

Veteran
finished building my ss bike today, lovely ride

IMG_0104.jpg

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Not sure if i like the pond more than the bike how many gallons is the pond?
Oh and yea i do like the bike^_^

Its about 3700, about 4 foot deep plus 18 inches above the wall. We used to have a traditional 4 bay filter with a vortex but a garden re-design meant changing that to a nexus.

It was built in 2001 and took 4 skips. Some of the fish were in the smaller pond and are getting on to 15 years old, 3 of them are goldfish!

The inhabitants are friendly... and always hungry!

This was just after the few windy days, so the surface is a bit dirty.

Sorry if thi has gone a bit off topic, but the fish are carbon (based life forms!)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Its about 3700, about 4 foot deep plus 18 inches above the wall. We used to have a traditional 4 bay filter with a vortex but a garden re-design meant changing that to a nexus.

It was built in 2001 and took 4 skips. Some of the fish were in the smaller pond and are getting on to 15 years old, 3 of them are goldfish!

The inhabitants are friendly... and always hungry!

This was just after the few windy days, so the surface is a bit dirty.

Sorry if thi has gone a bit off topic, but the fish are carbon (based life forms!)

That is awesome

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Paul, would I be right in thinking that you had your Secteur before your Roubaix and how different do you find the ride is between the two?

I still have it now, and its a cracking bike. I use the secteur for commuting and wet weather (as it has guards) and the Roubaix for Best.

Which one will be best for you is something you will need to decide for yourself. If you intend to commute then the secteur has rack mounts, the guards would fit either as they clip on to an attachment that you fit behind the brake calipers. Also, being ali I think it would be a bit hardier in the rough and tumble of the bikeshed.

If you are after a sportive bike then the Roubiax is better. Its not something you will notice on a 10 mile test ride but it is less tiring as the miles roll on.

That's said, the secture is a very capable mile-muncher and I found that one of the specialized Pave seatpost helped remove some more road buzz, and if you can get one the new seatpost does provide even more cushioning. (I have one on the Roubaix and have used it on the secteur too - a noticeable improvement in comfort but are in short supply. Link: http://www.specializedconceptstore....ts/road seat post/COBL GOBL-R Carbon Seatpost )

So, to answer your question... despite them being the same geometry the roubaix is easily the better bike. Smoother, feels more planted (using the same wheel and tyre combo) and less tiring.

If you can afford itand plan on doing distance then the Roubaix is worth the extra. If you are commuting up to 20 miles each way with occasional longer rides then the Secteur would easily do that, especially with a pave or Cobl-gobl-r seatpost.

sec_zpsbc3302a1.jpg

Top Bottom