Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Nice to see someone else commuting with racing pedals... Road bike = racing pedals :thumbsup:
Depends on how far you have to walk at either end, spd`s make sense in that situation.

lejogger

Guru
Depends on how far you have to walk at either end, spd`s make sense in that situation.
I've only ever used racing pedals in any situation so i'm happy walking around in them as long as I have my cleat covers on. Even when I'm touring I use them and carry flip flops or pumps in a pannier for long stops and evenings.

cyberknight

I've only ever used racing pedals in any situation so i'm happy walking around in them as long as I have my cleat covers on. Even when I'm touring I use them and carry flip flops or pumps in a pannier for long stops and evenings.
So you would agree that there is a use for non race shoes, thats all i was trying to say .

defy-one

I have had an email from my customer tomorrow saying they have secure bike racks. I'm now thinking about taking the roadie into London (my first time) , with cleats an all. Guess a spare pair of trainers will have to be taken aswell.
Plotted the route and uploaded it to my garmin 200. It records it as 22.9 miles each way, so I'm going to allow 2 hours in and leave at 8am sharp!!!
A little nervous as I have never ridden in Central London. Been driving there for the last 20 years. Looking forward to seeing more of it via the bike and back streets

Mike!

Guru
Another Boardman CX! Perfect bike for the commute IMO, drops for getting out of the wind, X-Tops for braking from the tops and disc brakes for all round good performance (they took a good 150-200 miles to bed in and needed constant adjustment but all fine now).

3ddbf0b9.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another Boardman CX! Perfect bike for the commute IMO, drops for getting out of the wind, X-Tops for braking from the tops and disc brakes for all round good performance (they took a good 150-200 miles to bed in and needed constant adjustment but all fine now).

Nice.
Are they BB7 brakes?
I have them on my Kona. And agree that they do need bedding in. But once bedded in they are awesome. Perfect for a SE London commute. They still squeal like a strangled cat in the wet though.

Mike!

Guru
Nice.
Are they BB7 brakes?
I have them on my Kona. And agree that they do need bedding in. But once bedded in they are awesome. Perfect for a SE London commute. They still squeal like a strangled cat in the wet though.

BB5 on these, I have read the BB7 are easier to adjust and live with. Mine seem ok now but it's a potential upgrade if they start playing up again!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
DSCF7718small.JPG

My lads N+1 Commuter - Ridgeback MX24 (24" wheels) - this is to save using his Carrera Vengeance MTB for School (given it's a bit flash)

Picked it up for £50 and needed another £30 for chain (way over over 1.0mm worn), freewheel and pads to get it up to me being happy with it :tongue:

Thorough strip back of rear mech (clogged with oil), washing up liquid scrubbed the chain rings, re-greased hubs, headset, oiled cables, added some spare cheap Decathlon guards. Oh and sprayed the chain guard silver - son wanted it back on to protect his trousers

Everything works well, paint isn't flash (matt grey) and this will do him fine. Could have got my hands on a basic Decathlon bike for that (currently got a discount of 10% and £6 voucher, but it would be brand new and still look a bit flash for a high school bike).

cyberknight

[quote="fossyant, post: 1948805, member: 557"
My lads N+1 Commuter - Ridgeback MX24 (24" wheels) - this is to save using his Carrera Vengeance MTB for School (given it's a bit flash)

.[/quote]
Nice !!, i got a Giant rigid MTB last year for £40, barely used and all i had to do was commuterize is , there are bargains to be had and as you say sometimes it pays not to be to flash .

Top Bottom