Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Raleigh Superbe:18/23 Carbon Cycle Tubing frame; 18/20 Van Schothorst SS rims; Sturmey Archer Dynohub and front and rear lights; Sachs 7 speed Internal-Gear Hub. Unfortunately previous owner retained the Brooks saddle it came with. Daily 20 mile round trip, with only about half a mile on rough track, makes for a comfortable ride with minimal rolling resistance. Full chain guard makes for happiness if I make a quick shopping trip whilst wearing jeans/slacks etc. I know its old, but so am I!
DSC00019.jpg
Its not old its retro :becool:

Its not old its retro :becool:
Yeah, me too...

johnnyh

Veteran
What guards have you got on it.. looking for some for my Boardman Road Comp but would like the option to remove them when the sun is out!

Hiya,

They are SKS Raceblades, been very pleased with them. I used to have the Crud Road Racer ones, but they were prone to bits snapping off so I gave up with them.

Gez73

Veteran
Bike and rack dew.jpg
This is the new Dew all set for a run out tomorrow and the commute tomorrow evening. First drop barred bike in about 25 years so a little apprehensive but looking forward to seeing how it goes. Gez

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
This today:

DSC_0890-1024x685.jpg

I'd love to put a car seat in one of these so I can cart my daughter about!

wisdom

Guru
My usual commute for rain or winter weather.So its been used a lot lately.
Just short of 5000.00 miles on the clock.
Its usually teamed up with "altura" panniers and rack bag.
It was my only commute until i bought a new Giant defy 3 for better weather and pleasure rides.

Ridgeback supernova.JPG

RaRa

On of these is going to be my next purchase. It has a 2-speed SRAM which automatically changes up at 15kph.

Going to try to order one at the w/end.

Waarmakers-x-Azor-Bike-Schokland-12-1.jpg

Ohhh - why am i drawn to this bike! It's lovely..... wonder if i can find room for bike number 5 without the OH spotting it...

Top Bottom