Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ultraviolet

it can't rain all the time....
My daily hack...

7179572211_db6c915b37_z.jpg
thats simply lovely :-)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
P7090099.jpg

Fixed Singlecross, with Shimano hub to F/R lights- always ready to ride. Considering replacing with a bike that'll do the job of this and my road bike, but I like the Singlecross in that I don't care about it much so I never worry about leaving it anywhere.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I don't normally have two bottles on it when commuting though! Took the picture at the start of a short tour- it was the only bike I had with a rack. Had to walk uphill once.

My Raleigh Superbe:18/23 Carbon Cycle Tubing frame; 18/20 Van Schothorst SS rims; Sturmey Archer Dynohub and front and rear lights; Sachs 7 speed Internal-Gear Hub. Unfortunately previous owner retained the Brooks saddle it came with. Daily 20 mile round trip, with only about half a mile on rough track, makes for a comfortable ride with minimal rolling resistance. Full chain guard makes for happiness if I make a quick shopping trip whilst wearing jeans/slacks etc. I know its old, but so am I!
DSC00019.jpg

My Raleigh Superbe:18/23 Carbon Cycle Tubing frame; 18/20 Van Schothorst SS rims; Sturmey Archer Dynohub and front and rear lights; Sachs 7 speed Internal-Gear Hub. Unfortunately previous owner retained the Brooks saddle it came with. Daily 20 mile round trip, with only about half a mile on rough track, makes for a comfortable ride with minimal rolling resistance. Full chain guard makes for happiness if I make a quick shopping trip whilst wearing jeans/slacks etc. I know its old, but so am I!
DSC00019.jpg
Very smart Canegrower. Just need to replace the saddle (as you alluded to I think) and it's a beauty.

tyred

Legendary Member
DSC00019.jpg

A proper commuter bike:becool:

Gez73

Veteran
This newly acquired beauty will be my 'better weather' commuter just as soon as I put mudguards and a rack on it. Bought on eBay of all places for a very good price.
Kona 2.jpg

"Very smart Canegrower. Just need to replace the saddle (as you alluded to I think) and it's a beauty."
Toshiba Boy, many thanks the response, I feel really fortunate to have been able to buy this in virtually unused conditiion. Replacing the saddle will have to wait for improved bank balance, meanwhile it is comfortable enough for me, or I have just got used to it.
A proper commuter bike:becool:
I like to think so. It does tend to turn heads, but not sure if that is the bike, the large fellow on board, or a combination of the two! Takes me back to my school cycling days - too many years ago - when I did an 8 mile return journey twice a day, with an afternoon of sport between the two commutes, and thought nothing of it. Those days my bike was a Barton's Special (not known in this country I should think) long frame - no idea of dimension, had 26" wheels, with a 12 tooth fix, and a 48 tooth crank. Doubt I could get something like that going now.

Gez73

Veteran
Very nice. What mudguards are you using if you don't mind my asking apc? In the market for guards and a rack slthough the rack is already chosen as I need a Topeak to use my existing bag. Also from your pic I assume you're using a regular rack and not a disc specific one? My brakes are in the same position as yours and I think I could use the regula
r Super Tourist too. Thanks Gez

apc

Very nice. What mudguards are you using if you don't mind my asking apc? In the market for guards and a rack slthough the rack is already chosen as I need a Topeak to use my existing bag. Also from your pic I assume you're using a regular rack and not a disc specific one? My brakes are in the same position as yours and I think I could use the regula
r Super Tourist too. Thanks Gez

Morning,

The SKS guards are from Halfords - decent enough for the cost. Added some Richeys Comp bar ends this morning which makes a real difference in terms of comfort.

The workhorse on the canal path yesterday - panniers left at home and just a stuff sack and bungee for clothes.
OK, I know I've replaced all but the frame and forks, but 4 and a half years and many thousands of commuter miles under its belt and it has been great value. (£250 notes when I purcahsed it)
532791_10151739675685580_647395579_24255693_25111752_n.jpg
What guards have you got on it.. looking for some for my Boardman Road Comp but would like the option to remove them when the sun is out!

Top Bottom