Show us your hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sheldon who?
Yawn , bored of a closed mind please enjoy yourself i have better things to do .

wisdom

Guru
Ridgeback supernova.JPG

Its covered nearly 4000.00 miles but gets very well looked after.
Its usually covered with Altura panniers and rack bag.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
OK, I'll bite.
Flat bars, wide clearances and off-road (ish) tyres. 700 by 30-odd and a bit knobblyish.
There. That do you, mate? :tongue:
I think the point of calling them a hybrid is that there isnt really a definition for them, theyre a bit of a frankenstein of different defined bike types making it a difficult question to answer. :smile: Most of them id describe as being somewhere between flatbar road bike and hardtail MTB, with wheels, tyres, geometry, crank length, forks from either end of the spectrum. Giant seem to refer to them as X-Road and Specialized refer to them as Multi-Use.

I would say "why a hybrid", when you can have a reasonable weight hardtail mountain bike with lightweight rims/slick tyres/disc brakes
and plenty of room for panniers, bags, phones, whatever?

I have the early version of the Raleigh AT20 MTB with discs (unlike the current AT20) and would be happy to use it as a long distance
tourer covered in camping gear, etc.

I did buy a £199.99 hybrid once, but it was a weird one with 700c x 23mm tyres!! Not much use as an all terrain bike.
The intention before i bought it was to convert it to drop bars ... i did ... and the total cost was £280 for what is now
my steel forked/alloy framed "winter road bike". :laugh:

AndyPeace

2012-09-04115328.jpg

My Kona Dew. A bit of a frankienstien bike with its off-road gearing and on road preference, but I love it all the same. I also have an alternative stem which gives the bike a more up right seating position. I really like riding this bike in the rain, which is a good thing this summer!

compo

Veteran
Image004.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photo (taken on an old Nokia phone) but many of us know what a Trek FX 7.3 Disc looks like. Changes from new, higher rise handlebars and bar ends, Brooks saddle, pannier rack and panniers and mudguards.

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
Image004.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photo (taken on an old Nokia phone) but many of us know what a Trek FX 7.3 Disc looks like. Changes from new, higher rise handlebars and bar ends, Brooks saddle, pannier rack and panniers and mudguards.

That's a nice bike Campo, it looks comfy. Is that the B17 you were braking in a while back?

Top Bottom