Show us your hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crosstrailer

Hybrid, Multi-Use, Allrounder - call it what you will (and two of those terms come directly from the brand of bike I ride), they do exist !

Personally I have a set of 700c wheels and a set of 26 MTB wheels which I can change around depending on what I am doing. The 700c x 45 tyres are pretty good from single laning etc but when I know I am going to be doing pure off road stuff I can swap them out.

I love my HYBRID to bits !!!!!!

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Yeah but what is a actual hibreed? Can noone tell me?
its whatever you want it to be mickle.......just let others have an opinion, its not wrong just cause its different from yours
That's really not a good enough approach for seekers after the truth.

Mickle are you saying we should seek truth from marketing labels? :eek:

I notice in your definition of road bikes flat bar road bikes seem to be missing? It just seems odd given they are so common yet much rarer categories, TT or tri e.g., are described.

Ok that question was purely rhetoric - I certainly would hate to have to describe what road bikes (or hybrids!) are in such a way that it can withstand onslaughts from nitpickers and pedants! :whistle:

Personally, I am happy to believe (and I have no interest to convince anybody else) that hybrids are bikes that have features of and therefore fall somewhere between road and mountain bikes - the two most common bike types. It seems perfect in Joe Blogg's world (ok in UK anyway, because different countries do have rather different bike populations), where simplicity is golden, that it helps to be able to classify say ~90% of bikes with just 3 labels. To me hybrids generally have the wide tyre clearance, wide gearing range and flat bars usually found on mtbs, but the slick/semi-slick tyres, muguards/rack eyelets, absence of suspension (certainly rear suspension) usually associated with bikes for road use. I certainly am unwilling to argue against anybody calling a slicked up rigid (i.e. no front or rear sus) mtb, or a flat bar road bike with fattish tyre clearance a hybrid. I suspect nobody is disputing why they are great for many commuters. I do however find it hard to see why calling these bikes "street bike" or "trekking bike" or "flat bar tourer" will help anybody.

I like my folding hybrid... :smile:

P1060513.JPG

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
Multi-use? It's a bicycle, what else can you do with it? Clothes press? Submarine? Bird scarer?

You know what? You are boring me and I guess most members feel the same about your childish questioning.

Who cares what the definition of a hybrid bike is?

If you don't have a hybrid bike to show or any interesting comments to post then don't annoy people with your silly questions.

I'm adding you to my ignore list as I lost interest on anything you might say.

compo

Veteran
I love my HYBRID to bits !!!!!!

Be careful who you tell:

HERE is no gentle way of saying this: Robert Stewart has been placed on the sex offenders’ register after being caught “trying” to have sex with a bicycle.
Cycle enthusiast Stewart was at the Aberley House Hostel in Ayr, south west Scotland, in October last year. Two cleaners came in.
The rest is so much court testimony as Mr Stewart stands before the Beak at Ayr Sheriff Court and admits to a sexual breach of the peace.
Deputy fiscal Gail Davidson relays the scene: “They [the cleaners] knocked on the door several times and there was no reply. They used a master key to unlock the door and they then observed the accused wearing only a white T-shirt, naked from the waist down. The accused was holding the bike and moving his hips back and forth as if to simulate sex.”
It is not known if Ms Davidson demonstrated this movement. But legal types wishing to re-enact the scene should take care to lock the door and keep a can of WD40 to hand. As recorded: “Here at the Telegraph offices, we have spent much of the afternoon trying to work out the ins and outs of this, so to speak.” Full report to follow.
Mr Stewart has been placed on the sex offenders’ register.
He awaits sentencing and we wonder what punishment should fit the crime? Should the instrument be taken into account? Was the abused bicycle a tandem, a Penny Farthing or a willing and up-for-it boneshaker. If, say it were a child’s trike, we believe Mr Stewart should be stripped naked and hauled across hot tarmac.
Although, this may be less of a punishment than a joy – Anorak recalls the name Karl Watkins, an electrician, jailed for inappropriate sexual contact with pavements in Redditch, Worcs, in 1993.
And we revisit our earlier question and wonder how you can punish a man who has sex with a bike in way that will bring satisfaction to the decent, but no satisfaction to the guilty..?

Linford

My old Marin Fairlfax - was a nice bike TBH. I'd be glad to have it back now TBH :sad:

Attachments

• fairfax2.jpg
    fairfax2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 74
It's a Boardman Hybrid Pro. Bought on a cycle to work scheme (so effectively half price). It doesn't always look that clean btw. Not many changes - a charge saddle, bar ends, tri bars and a tyre upgrade.

This is it in it's winter config.
IMAG0310.jpg

Crosstrailer

Be careful who you tell:

HERE is no gentle way of saying this: Robert Stewart has been placed on the sex offenders’ register after being caught “trying” to have sex with a bicycle.
Cycle enthusiast Stewart was at the Aberley House Hostel in Ayr, south west Scotland, in October last year. Two cleaners came in.
The rest is so much court testimony as Mr Stewart stands before the Beak at Ayr Sheriff Court and admits to a sexual breach of the peace.
Deputy fiscal Gail Davidson relays the scene: “They [the cleaners] knocked on the door several times and there was no reply. They used a master key to unlock the door and they then observed the accused wearing only a white T-shirt, naked from the waist down. The accused was holding the bike and moving his hips back and forth as if to simulate sex.”
It is not known if Ms Davidson demonstrated this movement. But legal types wishing to re-enact the scene should take care to lock the door and keep a can of WD40 to hand. As recorded: “Here at the Telegraph offices, we have spent much of the afternoon trying to work out the ins and outs of this, so to speak.” Full report to follow.
Mr Stewart has been placed on the sex offenders’ register.
He awaits sentencing and we wonder what punishment should fit the crime? Should the instrument be taken into account? Was the abused bicycle a tandem, a Penny Farthing or a willing and up-for-it boneshaker. If, say it were a child’s trike, we believe Mr Stewart should be stripped naked and hauled across hot tarmac.
Although, this may be less of a punishment than a joy – Anorak recalls the name Karl Watkins, an electrician, jailed for inappropriate sexual contact with pavements in Redditch, Worcs, in 1993.
And we revisit our earlier question and wonder how you can punish a man who has sex with a bike in way that will bring satisfaction to the decent, but no satisfaction to the guilty..?

Ha ha I don't love it in that way !!!!!!

You know what? You are boring me and I guess most members feel the same about your childish questioning.

Who cares what the definition of a hybrid bike is?

If you don't have a hybrid bike to show or any interesting comments to post then don't annoy people with your silly questions.

I'm adding you to my ignore list as I lost interest on anything you might say.

I beg your pardon. You're right, this isn't the thread for these sort of silly comments. Sorry. Im a narse.

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
It's a Boardman Hybrid Pro. Bought on a cycle to work scheme (so effectively half price). It doesn't always look that clean btw. Not many changes - a charge saddle, bar ends, tri bars and a tyre upgrade.

This is it in it's winter config.
View attachment 12348

My mate just got a bike like yours to commute to work. He got it 2nd hand and it looks as new.

Top Bottom