Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well there's a bit of Peterborough I've never spotted before!
Apparently some bits of Clacton-on-sea have the same reputation ;)

Kins

Über Member
My new cheap commuter. First day of use as a commuter to see how it went. Basic maintenance only done so far and will tart it up as I go along. Components besides the frame, forks and bars seem very cheap after doing work on my BSA but seems a solid enough ride and will do for what its intended. Sorry for not following "the rules" but it was a quick snap after carrying it back up to my flat. :rolleyes:

8412078796_6b51831d62_b.jpg

My new cheap commuter. First day of use as a commuter to see how it went. Basic maintenance only done so far and will tart it up as I go along. Components besides the frame, forks and bars seem very cheap after doing work on my BSA but seems a solid enough ride and will do for what its intended. Sorry for not following "the rules" but it was a quick snap after carrying it back up to my flat. :rolleyes:

8412078796_6b51831d62_b.jpg

like that alot.

lose the refletctor and put a light on though, get yourself seen ^_^

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
so just been out on my Saracen for a short shakedown after 25 years of storage in my Dads loft. No new components needed other than new brake lever hoods, just a general overhaul. The saddle isn't staying it is just a spare Brooks b15 with some home spun narrowing, my Brooks pro is being left to absorb some neatsfoot for a while. The tubs seemed to be ok after all that time, but my bravery on corners is yet to appear. All in all it felt pretty damn tight and I still can't see how an ally frame with carbon forks would be an improvement but I might try one and be surprised?. I think I will have to lower the gearing a bit, so I will have to get my calculator out and find what is best, maybe go back up to a 6cog from the lovely little 5cog that I returned it too just before storage beckoned. But the main thing is I am out on me Sara again!!!!
IMG_0270.JPG

Top Bottom