Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Picked up this Merchant Strada last night, really pleased with it, my first Mercian, it's 631 tubing with some nice bits like dura ace down tube shifters and Ambrosio Neptune tubular wheels.

Oooh that's loverly,the sort of thing that I'd like to get(funds permitting) as a frame and put modern bits on(never liked don-tube shifters);nice wheels too.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My current ride an Ian May

WP_20160731_002.jpg

mkmark666

eddym.jpg
Have really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing all the photos. Afraid mine is a little newer than most on here but hope you like it

Diggs

Veteran
Do like the look of them new Marins. What's the ride like?
I'd been looking at steel MTBs for ages, it was certainly more about the clean aesthetic than anything else.
I have by no means been pushing it, staying way within my limitations but it has certainly been fun so far. Seems nicely balanced when I have taken it out over the slightly more challenging parts of the local country parks and the plus tyres do soak up a lot of the bumps
There is something in the back of my head suggesting that 27.5 + may be the betamax of formats going forward but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Top Bottom