show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smut Pedaller

Über Member
Here's my randonneur bike, it's an Australian frame from '82, by brand called Airlite. Dura Ace EX, Stronglight cranks and some other goodies. More info on my blog http://smutpedaller.blogspot.com/2011/01/mr-ramen-part-4-dura-ace-goodness.html

dsc3700edit.jpg

img3848i.jpg

HovR

Über Member
Dawes Echelon. I think it's around 1980's ish, but am unsure. Anyone know for sure?
Dawes%20Echelon%203.JPG

OK, some of ours (not sure I've got photos of all of them)

My partner's 1951 Rudge Pathfinder (I bought it for me, but it's too small)
P1000804.jpg

My 1980 Woodrup Giro. Very modern in styling (vertical dropouts etc). I changed it over from Campag Record, which was pretty, but not practical (and noisy, besides) to Shimano 600 Arabesque, which is just lovely
WARTYWhsh019.jpg

My 1971 Dawes Galaxy. It says it's a Super Galaxy, but I'm not sure they were produced that early, and some of the decals are replacements. Rides sweetly, and my top speed this year is on this machine, surprisingly.
DSG002.jpg

My son's 1981 Carlton ?Corsa. Last year of proper Carltons, I believe, and one year younger than my Woodrup. I bought it already converted to fixed, as it was so like the bike that got me hooked on cycling back in the 80s, right down to that wrapround seatstay. It was my bike, but I gave it to my son, and, though it's twice his age, he always wants to ride this one.
PICT0476.jpg

It deserves two pics
PICT0478.jpg

I don't seem to have a good photo of my son's 80s Galaxy, but here's a detail:
P1000662-1.jpg

I'll get a couple of mine on later......some wonderful steel here!

Top Bottom