show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Does this count as vintage? My 1980s Faggin (pronounced Fajean) Columbus with Colnago fork. All Campag with Campag/Mavic Open Pro wheels. Weighs about 9.8 kilos, so takes a bit of lugging up hills, but rides nice. Took the photo this afternoon when I got to the top of my "training hill".

FAGGIN dec 2011 low res.jpg

Chris-H

Über Member
Does this count as vintage? My 1980s Faggin (pronounced Fajean) Columbus with Colnago fork.All Campag with Campag/Mavic Open Pro wheels. Weighs about 9.8 kilos, so takes a bit of lugging up hills, but rides nice. Took the photo this afternoon when I got to the top of my "training hill".

View attachment 5562
This has to be my favourite so far,theres some great looking bikes in this thread and all of them a true credit to their owners but this one stands out for me,a lovely looking bike mate i'm very envious :thumbsup:

raindog

er.....
For anyone interested, here's some history of Faggin I've garnered from various sources on the internet......

"Leandro Faggin - 1933-1970 - was an Italian track rider. He got olympic gold in Melbourn 1956 for the flying kilometre and the team pursuit, and was three times world individual pursuit champion".
"Faggin was one of the finest bikes from the Venetian area of Italy. Other great bikes from this region are Basso and Bataglin. All three were absolutely marvelous bikes though they didn't have the reputation of the Colnagos, Masis or De Rosas from Lombardy. Having ridden them all and owned most of these manufacturers I can tell you that the Faggin and the Basso are the best bikes I've ridden bar none."
" I worked for Torelli imports in the mid 80s. We brought in hundreds of Faggins. They were very nice racing bikes hand built by the family in Italy. Bill, owner of Torelli, showed me photos of the Faggin shop. There were two daughters and a son who worked on cutting, mitering, and brazing the frames. The old man, a former pro racer I believe, oversaw everything and did some of the work himself too. The mother cooked and cared for the crew".

they still make steel frames and - this is new for me - now have a website
http://www.fagginbikes.com/

IMG_0315.jpg

Old CTC roadspeed 10, I think it is a 1960's bike, has had a number of upgrades in the 80's.

Free to a good home.

Needs repair to lower bracket.

I agree...get the blue red!
Get someone to do it, if you are scared.....It will make it look much better IMHO, and everyone knows red bikes are faster!!
I really love Italian Bikes, but there is something wonderfull about a classic, British framebuilder, leaving his mark for all time.......you know some of these lovely old steel steeds will be around for ever!

Top Bottom