show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

normgow

Guru
1974.gif
1974 Rory O'Brien . later resprayed with Sixar Cycles decals

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My brother ( in France) has a yellow 1963 racing bike which he won in a magazine competition. He is now 68 years of age and has not riden a bike for many years . Last time I asked him all he said was; "it hurts my arse!"

Local junk shop has a Carlton Criterium outside - looks in really good condition too. My son's Christmas present is a late 80's Roberts frame that has just been resprayed and lots of nice Campagnolo C-Record and Chorus bits from that era, really looking forward to rebuilding - photos to follow once built (may post some pre-build shots as well)

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Local junk shop has a Carlton Criterium outside - looks in really good condition too. My son's Christmas present is a late 80's Roberts frame that has just been resprayed and lots of nice Campagnolo C-Record and Chorus bits from that era, really looking forward to rebuilding - photos to follow once built (may post some pre-build shots as well)

Buy it!!

is it bought yet? if not, why not?

Had a look at the bike today - frame has the odd scratch on it, but is generally good condition. I think that it is a 1970's bike as it has many Rally coponents (bakes are Rally Weinman, seat post bolt is stamped with an "R"). There is a little surface rust on some cromework, but generally everything looks good and could polish up without problem.By the look of it I would say that the bike has had very little use and has probably lived in a garage for 40 years

The junk shop wants £70 is this reasonable.

Typically I look for retro bikes with 531 / Columbus frames and high end components (maybe I am a bike SNOB), so this would be a bit of a depature.... however something about it is very attractive

If price is right, I will probably buy tomorrow

Randochap

Senior hunter
Strictly speaking, my Nishiki Landau is not a "vintage" bike, since nothing but the frame survives from the original stock machine ... and it's been that way since the first year of its existence--1978.

I've owned my Landau since 1979. It was my one love for more than a decade and I still take it out on dates.

It also serves now as my "camera dolly" of choice when I'm making videos.

I created a bit of a history about my old flame on VeloWeb.

landau640-1.jpg

Top Bottom