Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Sky Ride - Sat 7th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Well this is interesting. I saw the date, looked in my calender, thought "that's the same date as Pedal for Scotland, that can't be right".

Turns out my calendar was wrong, PfS is on the Sunday. So, this little mishap leaves me with a paid for train ticket back from Edinburgh. Might as well ride over and do some hill reps on Arthurs Seat as a warmup for the sportive, right?

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Well this is interesting. I saw the date, looked in my calender, thought "that's the same date as Pedal for Scotland, that can't be right".

Turns out my calendar was wrong, PfS is on the Sunday. So, this little mishap leaves me with a paid for train ticket back from Edinburgh. Might as well ride over and do some hill reps on Arthurs Seat as a warmup for the sportive, right?

Doh, but on the plus side it means you can do both rides :thumbsup:

edindave

Über Member
Am I right in thinking that the route goes anticlockwise round Arthur's Seat? I could be remembering some other event that did.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Aye it goes anti clockwise....i made a arse of myself last year..won`t be doing that again

edindave

Über Member
Aye it goes anti clockwise....i made a arse of myself last year..won`t be doing that again

You didn't try to go the other way? :laugh:

Never been round it anticlockwise. And won't get to this time either I'm afraid.

Someone empowered (hint hint @Scoosh) needs to sort the list of Scotland's regions by the way. West Lothian? :whistle:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
no i had a bit of a crash landing when me and colin were doing a lap...I stupidly looked down at my rear gears when i was going up hill...took my eyes of the road i caught the kirb...it was like a slow motion action shot when i was going down...i crashed into the grass...but i may have been slow going down i got up in record breaking time...colin swears i never unclipped...i still cringe when i think about it

edindave

Über Member
no i had a bit of a crash landing when me and colin were doing a lap...I stupidly looked down at my rear gears when i was going up hill...took my eyes of the road i caught the kirb...it was like a slow motion action shot when i was going down...i crashed into the grass...but i may have been slow going down i got up in record breaking time...colin swears i never unclipped...i still cringe when i think about it

Where are these helmet-cammers when you need them? Footage would have been priceless :laugh:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Its almost like he bounced off the grass straight back up again :laugh:

Was a good cycle last year, not sure if i'll be 'allowed' 4 saturdays in a row on the bike though :shy:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Midlothian is the best we can do, I'm afraid. :sad: (the regional details, not too surprisingly, come from a south-of-the-border-based company; they haven't yet realised that 'City of Edinburgh' is a council area ... :rolleyes:

Its almost like he bounced off the grass straight back up again :laugh:
I have always wanted to see someone have a clipless moment, then get back up without unclipping and ride away ! :wahhey: Now that would be so-o-o :becool:

I am likely to be around for the Sky Ride too, hanging around some tent or other ...:secret:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Midlothian is the best we can do, I'm afraid. :sad: (the regional details, not too surprisingly, come from a south-of-the-border-based company; they haven't yet realised that 'City of Edinburgh' is a council area ... :rolleyes:

I have always wanted to see someone have a clipless moment, then get back up without unclipping and ride away ! :wahhey: Now that would be so-o-o :becool:

I am likely to be around for the Sky Ride too, hanging around some tent or other ...:secret:

I still don't know how he done did it, or why he was even looking down at his gears in the first place, maybe wondering why he was so slow up arthur's seat :laugh::tongue:

Top Bottom