Sky TdF team...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roscoe

Veteran
Not really going to help team harmony, however, surely it's in his contract that any books must be authorised by the team prior to publishing. I'm pretty sure Brailsford et al are aware of the contents.

Anyway, much as I love Wiggo, can't see past Froome for team leader, he's the better all rounder. Wiggo will be super domestique and back up.

montage

God Almighty
EBH out of the giro could signal intent for the tour

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yep, here's the excerpt in CN. You have to wonder if the timing of this could have been better.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-reveals-how-close-he-was-to-leaving-team-sky-in-2011

It's also made up my mind for me. I don't like Froome.
There's something about the guy that I just can't warm to. This doesn't help at all.

Add to that, in sport I tend to come over a bit UKIP and have a down on anyone who, having become a sportsman/woman with some degree of success, then decides to pretend to be English or British purely so they can compete under the England or Britain banner. I'm thinking of various Rugby players like Shontayne Hape, Riki Flutey, and quite a few cricketers, chief among whom is of course Kevin Pietersen. Those who develop their sporting prowess in the UK, like Mo Farah, Manu Tuilagi, Mike Catt, Dylan Hartley and that Belgian born cyclist, wossname, I have no problem with.

SWSteve

Guru
I took it to be more a case of 'we're the top riders, we're all in one place, you're meant to do out of competition tests, why aren't you here?'

Then again Bert does have history with eating the wrong beef

Hont

Guru
There's something about the guy that I just can't warm to. This doesn't help at all.

+1. If I was Bradley Wiggins, having made the Tour squad and feeling really strong one day, that might make me want some payback.

Will be very interesting if Wiggins makes the Tour squad. But how can Sky leave him out when he's likely to be the only one left with Froome in the mountains, given Porte's poor form?

I hope I am wrong, but Brailsford is a total pragmatist and is, I feel, very unlikely to put Froome and Wiggins in the same team again. He might give it a try in the Dauphine, but Froome was talking up Porte, as usual.

(Name dropping mode on/ Scott Mitchell dropped the issue like a hot brick when I mentioned it on Tuesday. He was otherwise happy to talk about Wiggo's form and the fact that he hadn't had a drink since Christmas. I think it is a very difficult one for Sky.

SWSteve

Guru
(Name dropping mode on/ Scott Mitchell dropped the issue like a hot brick when I mentioned it on Tuesday. He was otherwise happy to talk about Wiggo's form and the fact that he hadn't had a drink since Christmas. I think it is a very difficult one for Sky.

the darts player?

I was at a talk on Monday by Ned Boulting, Richard Moore and Tim Moore. They were confirming the dislike that Wiggo and Froome have for each other and also noting that Stage 5, on Paris-Roubaix cobbles, could allow Wiggo to take minutes out of Froome. That would be awkward if Sky are requiring Wiggo to then work for Froome. And it explains why Wiggo spent so much effort on P-R this year.

Top Bottom