Sky TdF team...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Could happen, although a good domestique would help his leader ...but Wiggo should loose much much more uphill later on against the usual suspects
Wiggo might find that just a little ironic thinking back to La Toussuire.....

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I hope I am wrong, but Brailsford is a total pragmatist and is, I feel, very unlikely to put Froome and Wiggins in the same team again. He might give it a try in the Dauphine, but Froome was talking up Porte, as usual.

My thinking too; I can't see Brailsford taking the risk of all hell breaking loose if Wiggins goes "off message" and storms the cobbles and then goes AWOL in helping Froome in the mountains to save himself for the TT.
My ideal scenario (which, I'm sure would enhance Wiggin's reputation): he works as the ultimate domestique to help Froome win the TdeF then, next season, has a real go* at Paris-Roubaix on his way to getting ready for the track again.
I don't think that the ideal P-R preparation would conflict too much with his Olympic/hour record ambitions.

I can hope ..............

*This year's attempt was pretty damn impressive but more experience can only help.

albion

Guru
Wiggins is near essential for the team time trial and to help cover flat stage breakaways.
Having stated he is happy to be a domestique this year he can prove his worth for 2015.

thom

____
Just to point out in all this speculation, although Porte hasn't been great so far this season, I could imagine a mountain train having Wiggins before Porte. Wiggins is capable of an inordinate amount of high tempo riding but for dynamic accelerations, Porte on his wheel would not only make Froome much less isolatable but make a lot of sense in terms of the potential for personal antipathy to play a part.

Brailsford has said Wiggins would not be a plan B at the TdF - perhaps like last year... that would be Porte.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Not bored enough to stay off a team sky thread :whistle:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
being a sky fan and not a froome fan, i would love to see the team below

froome (leader)
Porte ( super dom)
Wiggins ( super dom)
nieve
kyrianka
eisel
kennaugh
thomas
Bossan Hagen ( doubtful due to giro)
knees (if no eddie boss)

that is one power house of a team eisel, wiggins, thomas, eddie to chase down the breakaways on the flats

kennaugh, kyrianka, nieve and porte for the mountains when it goes up, up, up and the whole team pulling together in one huge train would send shockwaves through the peleton

montage

God Almighty
10338752_708582859197884_4255990819526767774_n.jpg

From the Training camp.

Looks like Kiriyenka, Zandio, Lopez. Nieve, Froome, Thomas and far left could be Edmondson / Earle ?

Presumably Porte is taking the picture. Bradley is noticeable from his abscense

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
10338752_708582859197884_4255990819526767774_n.jpg

From the Training camp.

Looks like Kiriyenka, Zandio, Lopez. Nieve, Froome, Thomas and far left could be Edmondson / Earle ?

Presumably Porte is taking the picture. Bradley is noticeable from his abscense
so thats 7 riders + porte - isn't it nine in a team and isn't brad recovering from winning the tour of california, so wouldn't have been at this training camp anyway

being a sky fan and not a froome fan, i would love to see the team below

froome (leader)
Porte ( super dom)
Wiggins ( super dom)
nieve
kyrianka
eisel
kennaugh
thomas
Bossan Hagen ( doubtful due to giro)
knees (if no eddie boss)

that is one power house of a team eisel, wiggins, thomas, eddie to chase down the breakaways on the flats

kennaugh, kyrianka, nieve and porte for the mountains when it goes up, up, up and the whole team pulling together in one huge train would send shockwaves through the peleton

^_^

Top Bottom