Slim waterproof cases for cellphones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Like many other folk I take my mobile phone out with me when cycling, and to protect it from inclement weather I currently wrap it in a freezer bag. The proble with this is that if someone calls me it's a right old palaver getting the phone out to use it.

I've been on the lookout for a clippit type Tupperware type box just a little larger than my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) but have failed so far. So I looked on eBay for waterproof cases that would still realistically fit in the pockets on the back of my cycle jersey and found these cases - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321004949203

The price looks attractive but I'd be interested to know how other folk protect their phone, or indeed whether anyone has tried these slimline cases.

Ta!

judder

Try decathlon..
Got a waterproof case/bag for about £7.
Fits in back pocket, see through and you can make/take calls without taking it out..

Did you get the free Zipfit transparent phone bag with Cycling plus a couple of months ago? Don't know whether you'd find it useful but I'm not gonna use it (have a neoprene case that I got free from Wiggle) Will post it if you want it...let me know.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
+ 1 for freezer bags, the ones with the plastic zip tie are perfect and only a couple of quid for a box of 25.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Did you get the free Zipfit transparent phone bag with Cycling plus a couple of months ago? Don't know whether you'd find it useful but I'm not gonna use it (have a neoprene case that I got free from Wiggle) Will post it if you want it...let me know.

That sounds marvellous thanks! It's only really for when I'm on rides that I've organised that I need to be able to answer my phone.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Like many other folk I take my mobile phone out with me when cycling, and to protect it from inclement weather I currently wrap it in a freezer bag. The proble with this is that if someone calls me it's a right old palaver getting the phone out to use it.

I've been on the lookout for a clippit type Tupperware type box just a little larger than my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) but have failed so far. So I looked on eBay for waterproof cases that would still realistically fit in the pockets on the back of my cycle jersey and found these cases - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321004949203

The price looks attractive but I'd be interested to know how other folk protect their phone, or indeed whether anyone has tried these slimline cases.

Ta!
www.cyclewiz.co.uk

clockhammer

That sounds marvellous thanks! It's only really for when I'm on rides that I've organised that I need to be able to answer my phone.
I use the freebie from cycling plus for my Galaxy S3, the phone is easily useable without taking it out. Ideal in my eyes

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Been using mine recently, seems really good at keeping the phone dry. Also available from Zipvit for £2.99 or free when you spend £10.

classic33

Leg End Member

Ta!
Don't have to bother with stuff like that. Got a waterproof phone.

Top Bottom