Smidsy of a different kind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
There will be some wailing, in the vets waiting room :laugh:
Yes, coming from you when you get the bill! Lol

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It happens but you're right to say that when it does, it's people at fault rather than all drivers / cyclists. All road users need to focus and as ones wot pedal, we need to remember that - much more important than wearing dayglo vomit yellow or whatever.

Mind you, I had a near-miss with a car a month or so ago that pulled out in front of me at a junction. I gesticulated so they stopped in the middle of the main road (!!) to explain that it was ok, they had seen me coming... :banghead:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Couldn't imagine doing that with Tia, being Siamese I can imagine her wailing loudly all the way and everyone turning to stare. :blush:
My dog howls when she's in the bike trailer. But the worst was when I transported a young pig in the back of the pickup. He screamed the whole way and got even louder as I drove through a town. I deserved an Oscar for my efforts to look nonchalant.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Equilibrium has been restored: this morning a driver pulled out from her housing estate looking only at her right, I was coming from her left.
Again, no collision, but so true, what comes round must come back, yesterday's numptiness chased me back :laugh:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
On riding home tonight, exiting a junction, I looked right, I looked left, didn't see anything, didn't stop, crossed to the right, there was a car on the road coming towards me.
Had just finished a long shift, was preoccupied with tomorrow's work load, my sick cat was on my mind.
Still, no excuse: I looked but did not see the car, a big car with two big front lights, hard to miss you would think.
Fortunately the driver was going slowly or he could have ended badly for me on a bike, and it would have been entirely my fault.
So, there you go, smidsy: if you thought to yourself "bloody cyclist(s)" I can't blame you one bit.
Refreshing perspective...just shows how easy it is to be distracted I guess.

Week done for owning up .

Top Bottom