Smoke me a kipper . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
. . . . I'll be back for breakfast.

I hope :biggrin:.

Just having an exceedingly strong coffee before setting off on my first overnight ride. Shame the moon isn't out but it's not raining and very still. I'm quite excited :ohmy:.

Route here hopefully. Click on the hybrid version for a better view, I'm heading North. Click on show for the route profile - I'm looking forward to the last 20 miles .

Cheerio, I'll post in the morning if when I get there.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Have you got a transponder, then we would know when to put the kettle on. How are you getting back? Have a lovely time.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I hope you won't be waking the folks up at some unearthly time... trying to come in without making a noise - you'll drop the bike, knock over the plant pot etc.

Have a good ride - you nut case !! PS don't like kippers, so I'll have a bacon butty tomorrow am instead............

Noodley

longers, your audax potential is astounding :ohmy:;):biggrin:

(I must get out for a night ride sometime soon - there is nothing better IMO)

Looks like a cracking route, enjoy.

mondobongo

Über Member
Looks good, not done any night riding apart from a short commute since stopping MTB'ing imagine on the right roads with half decent weather it would be a good craic. Enjoy Longers.

Noodley

fossyant said:
Noooo. don't go to the dark side - you'll be wearing Plus 4's before Noodley has finished....... :biggrin::biggrin:

I think you'll find my legs are as smooth as silk and the envy of many a ballet dancer - plus anythings would only cover them up :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Good luck, Longers. 125km is some ride! I honestly wouldn't know what to take nutrition-wise, as the most I've ever cycled in a single stretch was about 15miles :biggrin:. Couple of bottles of juice? Mars bars? I'm clueless.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Maz said:
Good luck, Longers. 125km is some ride! I honestly wouldn't know what to take nutrition-wise, as the most I've ever cycled in a single stretch was about 15miles :biggrin:. Couple of bottles of juice? Mars bars? I'm clueless.

Shops will be shut as well.

Longers will have home made flapjack, energy drinks, fruit etc.

I hope it's a steady ride, as his 'folks' won't be too happy if he clatters into the house in the early hours. It's about 80 ish miles...

Top Bottom