England : Greater Manchester Snake Pass & Holme moss this Sat 2nd Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mickthemove

Über Member
Having a go at these two on Saturday from Glossop, roughly 48 miles with few thousand feet of climbing, and posting on here to see if anyone fancies a ride out.

There are three of us at the moment with a range of speeds between slow (me) steady and very steady!

We aim to leave Edward Street car park in Glossop by 9.15-9.30 and have a planned butty stop at Bank View, Langsett.

If anyone fancies coming along for a dabble, let me know

Cheers Mick

400bhp

Guru
I'm heading that way on Sat too, but earlier.:smile:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I would have been out had I known earlier.....good route that. Havent done it for years.

Linford

What's a PTW?

Google just said Professional Time Waster...

(I'm tempted to comment on that....:whistle:)

A Powered Two Wheeler

This is a Powered Two Wheeler (the one I did Snake Pass on)..I'm not actually that round..it is the Body armour under the leathers honest :shy:

2766_77991364466_8319454_n.jpg

OP
OP
Mickthemove

Mickthemove

Über Member
Bike's being repaired so sadly no. Great loop. Head/Cross wind forecast for Holme Moss Saturday so leave something in the tank!

WoW!! That was a tough day in the saddle! 5700 ft of climbing mainly into a head wind that got steadily worse until we met a hurricane on Holme Moss, that was just the toughest climb I have done when you factor in that weather!

Great ride though and would recommend the loop, thanks for the heads up nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Having picked the bike up from the LBS I was happy to sit indoors and watch the squally showers scud across the Pennines from the living room window.
Holme Moss into a strong headwind is as tough as it gets in this area, well done for getting to the top. Did you enjoy "deliverance" ; the final climb on Strines?

OP
OP
Mickthemove

Mickthemove

Über Member
Having picked the bike up from the LBS I was happy to sit indoors and watch the squally showers scud across the Pennines from the living room window.
Holme Moss into a strong headwind is as tough as it gets in this area, well done for getting to the top. Did you enjoy "deliverance" ; the final climb on Strines?
Unbelievable! I didn't look at the profile, just thought about Snake and Holme! Managed to stay on the bike but only just :smile: The guys I were with thought I had stitched them right up! I told em it was a flattish flick over to Holmefirth
The only downside was I have snapped a couple of spoke grinding up Holme moss, heard the ping but just carried on as no other choice up there, will check the damage today!
Great ride and will do again when the weather forecast favourable!

Top Bottom