Somerset levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeltz

Veteran
Speck said:
Were uon your ownthen?

I didn't do the route, I came home and went out on my own. I did a short ride basically 6 miles up hill into the the wind then turned around and had a great journey back!

OP
OP
Iainj837

Iainj837

Guru
User76 said:
Anyway, it was an experience, I have never pedalled that hard down Cheddar Gorge, just to stay upright:ohmy: A girl was coming up the Gorge when I was going down it, she was grinning and positively flying up it, I was gurning like a loon and could barely keep going.

Right when are we going to try again? Saturday 16th of December would be good for me.
I know what you mean about the Gorge it was bloody windy.
I also seen the 3 cyclists near priddy I think

Domino

Veteran
Blimey I could have given you a cuppa as you went by my house in Westbury Ian! I've cycled up that Stancome Lane hill about a million times to get to the B3135. Steep enough to wheel spin when it's wet.

Davidc

Guru
Sounds like a good idea. How about 10th January? New Year hangovers should have gone by then, and the extra weight from Christmas will need to be worked off ready for the spring.

spinner

Yes, I'll probably have many extra pounds to shed by then, so count me in.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
Hi David,
Not been out for a few weeks, road bike is sparkling and I have just put mudguards on my Sirrus. I was going to go out on Sunday but it was quite bitter up here so I chickened out.

jeltz

Veteran
Speck said:
Hi David,
Not been out for a few weeks, road bike is sparkling and I have just put mudguards on my Sirrus. I was going to go out on Sunday but it was quite bitter up here so I chickened out.

Bitter? Nah, but it was bracing! Went out on the Somer Valley CC ride to Xmas lunch. I was a touch worried that a big roast might sit a little heavy on the return trip but it was fine.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
jeltz said:
Bitter? Nah, but it was bracing! Went out on the Somer Valley CC ride to Xmas lunch. I was a touch worried that a big roast might sit a little heavy on the return trip but it was fine.

Where did you go?

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
jeltz said:
Out through Haydon, Holcombe and Stoke St Michael to The Horse and Jockey at Binegar, then back through Emborough and Chilcompton. This was the route the meal was very good, but in our Lycra we did get some odd looks from the other customers.

We used to go up to The Horse & Jockey with friends for Skittle evenings and they used to put a buffet on for us. The "sticker-up" put the balls into a hole in the wall and they travelled down a pipe on the outside of the building and came out wet through at the other end :smile:

Top Bottom